Used 1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Not the best looking car, but never gives up!
By floridagirl82

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My dad bought me a 1995 Aspire (Automatic) back in 1999. It was my first car and at first glance, I wasn't too impressed, but after driving it, I quickly fell in love and although it's not the fastest little car, it certainly handles well. Drove it on a trip, 12 hours of non stop driving with out any problems and watched it roll over to 100,000 miles that night! It lasted me until 2008, when the transmission finally gave out. I drove to death! It's been sitting in my back yard ever since as I just can't seem to let it go lol. Ac is STILL freezing cold to date! NEVER GAVE OUT! Did have some repairs done during the time that I drove it, but nothing we couldn't do ourselves. HATED GAS :]

Great on gas, cheap parts, fun to drive, never quits!

Kinda ugly and people laugh at you, but when your car outlasts all of theirs, they are baffled. A little slower when the ac is on, but no regrets! Definitely not a family vehicle, as space is limited.

A Compromise
By yeahcapes

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I drive a 95 automatic Aspire with about 180K on it. I agree that the car is fairly reliable, always started with no problem until it was about -5 degrees outside. Doesn't accelerate well at all, but gets me where I need to be. Gas mileage is excellent, until you need to turn the heat or AC on, then it just drops. However, the car is not at all comfortable, I drive friends around a lot and it's always cramped. Leaks in the door let air in everywhere, and I spend the whole ride wiping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. Back defrost is a joke. In the cold the speedometer slides right to 110. Honestly, I hate driving the car, but I do think some of it might be my own personal Aspire.

Gas mileage

Owned it twice now
By Althanite

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Originally bought it for my 600 miles per week commute to work. Loved the car from the start. My family of four - 2 middle/high schoolers - often took it for trips to town as well. We've even used it like a truck (the hatchback is great) hauling nearly everything with it - hay, 14 foot long 2x4s, 20 foot long PVC pipes, etc. If we could fit it in, the car would haul it. It now has over 200,000 miles - no major work or problems other than a broken speedometer and cable but I drove it that way for two years! We gave it to my sister for a few years and just got it back for my 18 yr old to drive to college and work. He loves it over his 2000 GMC 4x4 - it is cool, sporty and great MPG gas!

Everything overall. The ride was not as smooth as the Buick Park Avenue we had but I liked the seats and handling of the Aspire better!

Bring it back just like it was and make parts easier to find and purchase.

Better then a Scooter
By Scooter

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I was in the market to buy a Scooter to go shopping and run around. My limit was $1,000. I found this little car at a Charity Auction with 40K original miles. I actually outbid someone else with $800. Needed tune-up and headlight bulbs. I decided to drive to work now every day 40 miles round trip, get over 42 MPG on a regular bases. Takes 6 gallon to fill it up once a week. Better then my 350z or my F150. Zip in and around big cars, park anywhere I decide. No fancy toys to break. I took out the back seat, now I have a large cargo space. Better yet, I can drive this all year round. I'll drive this toy till I can't find parts for it. Why buy a Prius?

Mileage has to be the #1. Who is dumb enough to buy a Prius?

Remote hatch from driver door and lever handle to open hatch from the outside, so I don't have to use the key each time.

95' Aspire
By THIELLS FD 227

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

This car is small yet powerful. The only thing is that the car has virtually no pick up (acceleration). With a very little bit of work, the car is incredible. I got my aspire with 25,000 miles on it and put about $300 worth of work under the hood and the car is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another aspire at any time.

My favorite features of this car are the body style, the interior, and the simplicity of this car.

The only improvements that i would suggest are going to a parts store and spending about a hundred dollars or so on a new spring kit so the fenders rest closer to the tires.