1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
Not the best looking car, but never gives up!
By floridagirl82 on 04/01/12 10:36 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

My dad bought me a 1995 Aspire (Automatic) back in 1999. It was my first car and at first glance, I wasn't too impressed, but after driving it, I quickly fell in love and although it's not the fastest little car, it certainly handles well. Drove it on a trip, 12 hours of non stop driving with out any problems and watched it roll over to 100,000 miles that night! It lasted me until 2008, when the transmission finally gave out. I drove to death! It's been sitting in my back yard ever since as I just can't seem to let it go lol. Ac is STILL freezing cold to date! NEVER GAVE OUT! Did have some repairs done during the time that I drove it, but nothing we couldn't do ourselves. HATED GAS :]

A Compromise
By yeahcapes on 01/30/11 13:35 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I drive a 95 automatic Aspire with about 180K on it. I agree that the car is fairly reliable, always started with no problem until it was about -5 degrees outside. Doesn't accelerate well at all, but gets me where I need to be. Gas mileage is excellent, until you need to turn the heat or AC on, then it just drops. However, the car is not at all comfortable, I drive friends around a lot and it's always cramped. Leaks in the door let air in everywhere, and I spend the whole ride wiping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. Back defrost is a joke. In the cold the speedometer slides right to 110. Honestly, I hate driving the car, but I do think some of it might be my own personal Aspire.

Owned it twice now
By Althanite on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Originally bought it for my 600 miles per week commute to work. Loved the car from the start. My family of four - 2 middle/high schoolers - often took it for trips to town as well. We've even used it like a truck (the hatchback is great) hauling nearly everything with it - hay, 14 foot long 2x4s, 20 foot long PVC pipes, etc. If we could fit it in, the car would haul it. It now has over 200,000 miles - no major work or problems other than a broken speedometer and cable but I drove it that way for two years! We gave it to my sister for a few years and just got it back for my 18 yr old to drive to college and work. He loves it over his 2000 GMC 4x4 - it is cool, sporty and great MPG gas!

Better then a Scooter
By Scooter on 08/19/10 15:41 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I was in the market to buy a Scooter to go shopping and run around. My limit was $1,000. I found this little car at a Charity Auction with 40K original miles. I actually outbid someone else with $800. Needed tune-up and headlight bulbs. I decided to drive to work now every day 40 miles round trip, get over 42 MPG on a regular bases. Takes 6 gallon to fill it up once a week. Better then my 350z or my F150. Zip in and around big cars, park anywhere I decide. No fancy toys to break. I took out the back seat, now I have a large cargo space. Better yet, I can drive this all year round. I'll drive this toy till I can't find parts for it. Why buy a Prius?

95' Aspire
By THIELLS FD 227 on 03/29/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

This car is small yet powerful. The only thing is that the car has virtually no pick up (acceleration). With a very little bit of work, the car is incredible. I got my aspire with 25,000 miles on it and put about $300 worth of work under the hood and the car is amazing. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another aspire at any time.

Great, reliable car
By Dave on 02/24/10 18:18 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It may not look like much, but it keeps going and going! I never have to worry in the morning if it is going to turn over. Very dependable and reliable. No frills, but gets the job done.

'95 Aspire with 245K miles!
By Jermnc77 on 01/06/10 19:44 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I purchased my Aspire from a cousin. I had long bugged him to sell it to me, and finally he relented! The motor has been replaced at 193K. I found a motor with 22K on it. I have practically rebuilt the car. But it's been a work of love. I like the styling. The gas mileage is great! (averages 32mpg). It is a 5 spd with AC. I have achieved 41 MPG with the Aspire by not running the AC and keeping speed to 55mph. The mechanics of this car are simple and it's easy to work on when necessary. With that said, it has been an extremely reliable car! I don't know what I would have done w/out it during the "gas rush" of Katrina! I wish Ford would bring this back! Just the way it is!

5 speed wins over automatic
By gotitan on 10/23/09 19:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I have 96 automatic @ 32 mpg and a 1995 5 speed @ tops 44 mpg....with the back seat out I can haul a full sized gas dryer with the hatch down.

Part of the family
By bowdog72 on 08/20/09 04:18 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 5-speed manual Aspire third hand with 140000km on the clock. Only major problem was a faulty fuel pump that was replaced at 170k - a cheap diy fix. Since purchase the after-market mods have been tinted windows, alloy rims and stiffer suspension - because I love this car. Without doubt, this is the best car I have ever owned. Mechanically it has been perfect with regular oil and coolant changes, and one set of disks and brakes in 50,000km. Amazing, considering it regularly works in the 3-4k rpm range when squeezing through the traffic. My version has a boot opener! No chance of selling this one - the family would never allow it. That's Ok with me - they can bury me in it!

Glad I bought this
By wiiz on 01/10/09 12:19 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aspire Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I rented a Ford Aspire once and decided it was the car I wanted to buy. I've had this car 10 years. Replaced a clutch (60K miles), and have had the front end (outer tie rod, and L ball joint replaced just last year. I give it regular oil changes and keep the tires inflated. Except for this last year with the front end work, this has been a dream. 41+ mpg highway, 34 city. Quiet, and small enough to fit into even the smallest parking spaces. The hatch is roomy - it's like a clown car on the inside! I can get so much stuff in it it's crazy! I can drive in the snow when bigger 4WD vehicles can't. It's 13 (near 14) years old, and I don't intend to get rid of it any time soon. Yay for me.