Used 1995 Ford Aspire Base Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aspire

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Great Little Gas Saver
By Phil Pankau

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Bought mine for $800 with 72k miles on it, immediately got new tires and a tune up. Other than spending $100 on a reman fuel pump is been excellent however it's not fast by any means and going up any hill is a challenge along with no power steering or AC but I average 40mpg and is great in the snow. Love the little guy.

A Compromise
By yeahcapes

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I drive a 95 automatic Aspire with about 180K on it.

I agree that the car is fairly reliable, always started with no problem until it was about -5 degrees outside. Doesn't accelerate well at all, but gets me where I need to be.

Gas mileage is excellent, until you need to turn the heat or AC on, then it just drops.

However, the car is not at all comfortable, I drive friends around a lot and it's always cramped. Leaks in the door let air in everywhere, and I spend the whole ride wiping frost off the INSIDE of the windshield. Back defrost is a joke. In the cold the speedometer slides right to 110.

Honestly, I hate driving the car, but I do think some of it might be my own personal Aspire.

Gas mileage

Owned it twice now
By Althanite

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Originally bought it for my 600 miles per week commute to work. Loved the car from the start. My family of four - 2 middle/high schoolers - often took it for trips to town as well. We've even used it like a truck (the hatchback is great) hauling nearly everything with it - hay, 14 foot long 2x4s, 20 foot long PVC pipes, etc. If we could fit it in, the car would haul it. It now has over 200,000 miles - no major work or problems other than a broken speedometer and cable but I drove it that way for two years! We gave it to my sister for a few years and just got it back for my 18 yr old to drive to college and work. He loves it over his 2000 GMC 4x4 - it is cool, sporty and great MPG gas!

Everything overall. The ride was not as smooth as the Buick Park Avenue we had but I liked the seats and handling of the Aspire better!

Bring it back just like it was and make parts easier to find and purchase.

Better then a Scooter
By Scooter

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I was in the market to buy a Scooter to go shopping and run around. My limit was $1,000. I found this little car at a Charity Auction with 40K original miles. I actually outbid someone else with $800. Needed tune-up and headlight bulbs. I decided to drive to work now every day 40 miles round trip, get over 42 MPG on a regular bases. Takes 6 gallon to fill it up once a week. Better then my 350z or my F150. Zip in and around big cars, park anywhere I decide. No fancy toys to break. I took out the back seat, now I have a large cargo space. Better yet, I can drive this all year round. I'll drive this toy till I can't find parts for it. Why buy a Prius?

Mileage has to be the #1. Who is dumb enough to buy a Prius?

Remote hatch from driver door and lever handle to open hatch from the outside, so I don't have to use the key each time.

Great, reliable car
By Dave

1995 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

It may not look like much, but it keeps going and going! I never have to worry in the morning if it is going to turn over. Very dependable and reliable. No frills, but gets the job done.

Great turning radius. Can flip a U-ey in the tightest of spaces.

Power steering would be nice.