1994 Ford Aspire Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

1994 Aspire Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Sort Reviews by

my car!
By tori c.

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

For a 9 year old car, my Aspire is in great running shape. I bought it about a year and a half ago, and it had one previous owner. I'm going to be getting a new (used) car in the near future, and the great fuel economy of this car is going to be hard to beat! Had a new clutch installed earlier in the year, but other than that, no major problems.

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage! Size of the car is suitable perfectly for people my size (5ft!), but easily adjustable for talller people.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower... passing lanes on an incline are virtually impossible without a 'running start'!! also, needs Air Conditioning!

great little car!!
By teresa

1994 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

Great, reliable, fuel-efficient around town car! Lots of room!! I plan on keeping it forever. But....not powerful or heavy enough to compete with fast moving highway traffic.

Favorite Features

manueverability, fuel efficiency, DEPENDABILITY!!

1994 Ford Aspire
By dkhenning

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I drove this car for over 165,000 miles and, other than about $2000 in repairs, I never had to do anything except the customary LOFs, tune-ups and muffler rapairs. Mileage was still in the 35- mpg range, while acceleration was very good for a four-cylinder five-speed. A few weeks ago, another driver hit my car from behind, totaling it, and I had a very hard time letting it go.

Favorite Features

This car had great fule economy and was small enough to fit into the tightest spaces. Also, the driver's space was very comfortable.

Great Little Car
By MomBought

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for my daughter to take out-of-state to college and was very glad I did! It has proven to be unusually reliable (for a Ford). She loves the pep it has, the 5 speed transmission, and the GREAT gas mileage (50 MPG). The only problem we had was the muffler and resinator ($300). I also had installed a nicer stereo/cassette for her. The car now has over $80,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Amazing for a tiny little car in a teenager's hands!

Favorite Features

Great maneuverability, and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

A better radio would be nice.