Used 1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:

Ford Aspire bought new
By Robo

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Ford Aspire new and have driven it for 15 years now. Had to have a distributor replaced and rear wheel bearings. Other than that, nothing but maintenance. It has been a great car. MPG of over 36 (still). Have 120K miles on it. I want to get it painted for the next 60K. A great go to work car.

1994 Ford Aspire---Greater Gas Saver
By Randy D. Gray

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this vehicle with 162,000 miles on it and figured if I got 40,000 miles more I had made a great deal. It now has 320,000 miles on it and the only things that I have had to replace are the front calipers/rotors/ and brake pads. It currently gets 48- 50 mpg when driving at 55 mph and 43- 45 mpg when driving at 70 mph. With fuel prices at what they are now, it saves me lots of money each week versus my other vehicle which is a Ford F-150. I can't say enough about the Aspire because it seems to run stronger each year I drive it, I have never been stranded and for the first 6 years I owned it, I drove 1000 miles per week. Now I drive it only 350 miles per week. A great Ford product.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage. Easy to park

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats would be nice. More features on the radio such as a cassette player would be nice.

Aspire not Expire
By Susan Potter

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Aspire, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It still continues to run fine and quiet at 210,000 miles, same engine. In the past 13 years, it's only left me stranded twice: clutch (when my son was a teenager)and when a complete tune-up was needed. The vehicle has just needed regular maintenance/repair via normal wear/tear. This car has been so wonderful to me and thus, I'll continue to repair whatever is needed so it can continue to Aspire and never Expire.

Favorite Features

Hatchback (I've fit couches, furniture, etc., lawn mowers, two dogs) Reliability, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof, slightly lower roof.

Ultra-Mega Reliable and Cheap to run
By Andrikos

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Well, I've been driving it since it had 30k miles on it. Now it has 92k and has NEVER had any problems. Starts EVERY single time and does 40mpg to boot. Nothing better for a "beater" to drive to work. I'm looking to buy a used Mercedes and I cringe at the prospect of maintenance costs. I guess the "little red car" has spoiled me rotten...

Favorite Features

Turbo A/C button. Turn the A/C off and the car flies! Kinda! :) 40 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Ford should have Kia build more of its cars for them.

My Putt-Putt Puddle Jumper
By dward

1994 Ford Aspire Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

My parents didn't know how to drive a 5 speed so the car sat in their yard for a year. It was mine for the cost of safetying. Since then I've spent on nothing but upkeep. I love the car for the city, but I find performance on the highway lacking. I've had no problem with rust or major repairs and I live on the ocean in the 'snow belt'. I've driven more than 450kms on one tank (about 15kms/L or 60m/G). It costs more for a metro bus pass than it does to run my little Putt-Putt Grasshopper Puddle Jumper for a month. My friends tease me but they say, 'the more nicknames you have for something, the more you must like it'. I love it.