1994 Ford Aspire - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aspire model:
Ford Aspire bought new
By Robo on 09/04/09 10:23 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Ford Aspire new and have driven it for 15 years now. Had to have a distributor replaced and rear wheel bearings. Other than that, nothing but maintenance. It has been a great car. MPG of over 36 (still). Have 120K miles on it. I want to get it painted for the next 60K. A great go to work car.

1994 Ford Aspire---Greater Gas Saver
By Randy D. Gray on 02/05/09 01:15 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this vehicle with 162,000 miles on it and figured if I got 40,000 miles more I had made a great deal. It now has 320,000 miles on it and the only things that I have had to replace are the front calipers/rotors/ and brake pads. It currently gets 48- 50 mpg when driving at 55 mph and 43- 45 mpg when driving at 70 mph. With fuel prices at what they are now, it saves me lots of money each week versus my other vehicle which is a Ford F-150. I can't say enough about the Aspire because it seems to run stronger each year I drive it, I have never been stranded and for the first 6 years I owned it, I drove 1000 miles per week. Now I drive it only 350 miles per week. A great Ford product.

Aspire not Expire
By Susan Potter on 04/02/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Aspire, the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It still continues to run fine and quiet at 210,000 miles, same engine. In the past 13 years, it's only left me stranded twice: clutch (when my son was a teenager)and when a complete tune-up was needed. The vehicle has just needed regular maintenance/repair via normal wear/tear. This car has been so wonderful to me and thus, I'll continue to repair whatever is needed so it can continue to Aspire and never Expire.

Ultra-Mega Reliable and Cheap to run
By Andrikos on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Well, I've been driving it since it had 30k miles on it. Now it has 92k and has NEVER had any problems. Starts EVERY single time and does 40mpg to boot. Nothing better for a "beater" to drive to work. I'm looking to buy a used Mercedes and I cringe at the prospect of maintenance costs. I guess the "little red car" has spoiled me rotten...

My Putt-Putt Puddle Jumper
By dward on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

My parents didn't know how to drive a 5 speed so the car sat in their yard for a year. It was mine for the cost of safetying. Since then I've spent on nothing but upkeep. I love the car for the city, but I find performance on the highway lacking. I've had no problem with rust or major repairs and I live on the ocean in the 'snow belt'. I've driven more than 450kms on one tank (about 15kms/L or 60m/G). It costs more for a metro bus pass than it does to run my little Putt-Putt Grasshopper Puddle Jumper for a month. My friends tease me but they say, 'the more nicknames you have for something, the more you must like it'. I love it.

cheap transportation
By Breanna on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for almost 4 years. I have had problems with the following: does not like to start in the rain, change plugs and wires yearly, passenger side door & hatch leaks in the car wash, front bushings (very expensive part), and the gas tank and related items. I think it’s a good car if you can get scrap parts, as new parts are VERY expensive . I bought the car with 90,000 KM in the year 2000 and it has 145,000 KM now, it has cost me about $70 CND a month to maintain over the 43 months I have owned it. Good cheap transportation if you don’t have far to drive.

GREAT CAR
By bluecluesgal on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

I have to tell you this is the greatest car ever!

94 Aspire
By JamesB on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aspire SE 2dr Hatchback

Extremely reliable car. Only problems have been in rainstorms the cylinders tend to misfire. Easy fix by changing spak plugs and wires about every other year.

Great little car buy parts too expensive
By allan on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 2dr Hatchback

Nothing bad to say about this car...very reliable....great mileage...i have had it for 3 years with very little problems...i have to let it go cause i need springs and struts but they cost more than the value of the car!!! I really hate to let my aspire go...would reccommend it to anyone...just the parts are the only prob

Great little car!
By chiropracticy on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aspire 4dr Hatchback

I bought my Aspire used with about 30k miles on it. To this date I have 85k on it and it has never left me stranded. It gets great gas economy (40 mpg) and can park in spaces generally reserved for motorcycles. I wish they were still produced because I would quickly and without hesitation buy another.