1997 Ford Aerostar Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
aero great value
By dave skinner on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

only real problem i had was with burnt out sensors, evrything else was basic maintenance. i used mine for work approx. 40k year. fuel efficent and very dependable.

Workhorse
By JackEg on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

I owned three Caravans before giving Ford's ugly duckling a try. May be the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. Practical. Comfortable. Problem free. A great value. Onof of those cars that comes along every now and then (Like the VW Bug) that's not flashy or fast, but you just get hooked on. I too would be first in line to buy another one if Ford were still makeing them. As such, I'll hold on to the one I've got as long as I can.

Comfortable and Reliable
By squirrel on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

This vehicle has been virtually trouble free. The AWD makes it unstickable in the snow and gives great traction on slick boat ramps. The interior is spacious and comfortable (I'm 6'5" and have plenty of head and leg room). The optional captains chairs keep the kids from fighting on long trips and the extended length holds plenty of cargo. Fuel economy has been 19 mpg all around (3 mpg less when towing my 17 ft runabout). If Ford Motor Company still made Aerostars, I'd be first in line to order another.

Has served our family well...mostly
By Edward L. on 02/28/02 22:13 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

You have to realize this is not a vehicle to have unless you are willing to have repairs done. We've had a minor transmission problem and heating system glich. The car has done well for family use, but we have not abused it either. We are obsessive about maintenance which also helps. This vehicle is a good low up-front cost rather large minivan, but don't expect trouble free operation, it is a FORD>