1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
BEST I EVER HAD!
By lynne on 12/11/06 16:18 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

I was on a disability supplement when i got this used, with 135K and now with a 145K. I love it, will not let it go EVER! Comfortable! Gas miles are not that great on mine. But in snow it is a winner. Too bad not making anymore. They should, I would buy another in a heart beat. The only costly expense so far is the boots and CV joints recently went out, other than this, a marvelous vehicle. Worth all of the $3500.00 I paid for mine.

Trusty Aerosport
By Lizard on 10/19/06 08:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

Ford blew it...Windstar was a joke! Should have kept Aerostar. Cheap to buy (used)/insure/repair. Very good tow vehicle. I owned a '93 prior to this '97...both 4.0 litre, extended, rear wheel drive. My '97 was 1 of last ones ever built (June of '97). Exhaust flex pipes need replacing frequently.

Best van ever owned
By KLS ROAD RESCUE on 12/07/05 10:32 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This van is the best van we have ever bought. We have owned other makes and the Ford Aerostar is the only one that has lasted us. I would not change it out for any other many van now made. The Ford Aerostar was the greatest minivan made. Its a shame that they stopped making it and came up with the Ford Windstar then the Freestar, which are garbage.

Old Reliable
By GoodGame on 07/23/05 20:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

After 8 years and 142,000 miles, this old van is the most reliable and practical vehicle I have ever owned. It's the kind of truck I want to hold on to if I can just find a mechanic I can trust to nurse it along. Fortunately, I haven't had to do much to it so far other than normal wear and tear issues. If you can find one with low miles get it. Chances are it's got a lot of life in it. My engine still does not burn oil between changes and I get 20+ per gallon on the road.

Solid 97 Aerostar
By 97Aerostar-Dad on 03/07/05 01:31 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

Other than a thermostat replacement, new brakes, and tires, this van has been trouble free for me for over 5 years.

No Problems
By David on 01/19/05 12:17 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

Purchased my Aerostar at a GSA Public Auction July 2002 for $4,500. It has a new 6 cylinder engine and the body and inside were perfect. It has given me lots of pleasure as I like to sit up high and enjoy the view. If I fold down or take out the back seats, it will take 4x8 sheets of plywood and more.

No Problems
By David on 01/19/05 12:17 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

Purchased my Aerostar at a GSA Public Auction July 2002 for $4,500. It has a new 6 cyl engine and the body and inside were perfect. It has given me lots of pleasure as I like to sit up high and enjoy the view. If I fold down or take out the back seats, it will take 4x8 sheets of plywood and more.

94 Aerostar EXT
By Tomasina on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

It's been a great family vehicle--lots of room for people and stuff; truck chassis; 4.0 delivers good power and 20mpg (more on trips);Repairs have been modest--should have never stopped making them! I would buy another in a minute--in fact I am getting a 97 in better shape and with less miles as we speak!

Arthur the Aerostar
By andys on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

This van is a perfect family truxter! A no frills, no nonsense machine that can take the beating that the kids give it on a daily basis and do it without any break downs or suprises. Sad that Ford stopped making them.

No problems
By Lefty on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

Most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned. Now have 102,000 mi. No mechanical failures. Just normal maintenance, and even that I've slacked off on. Took the beast on a 4,000 mile road trip with 93,000 on the ticker. Flawless, safe highway driving. Got an amazing 23 mpg on the open road. If you can pick one up with modest miles on it, do it.