I love this car!
By mountainwizard on
1996 Ford Aerostar 3dr Cargo Minivan
Well, this is a wonderful blend of comfort and utility. As I am 6' tall I very much appreciate the easy access and abundant headroom. Front driver's seat has a great lumbar support and the a nice view of the road. The rear with the 2nd set of Captain's Chairs has 6.5' behind them making it easy to shop or travel. Front and rear A/C & Heat, Nice stereo. I bought this used with 106K and it is now coming up on 120k. A bit noisy on the road compared to modern cars yet this van with the 4.0 has plenty of power when you need it. Stock tires are good yet it feels much better with a bigger 15/16" wheel and a lower profile tire. A really nice minivan. I expect to be driving it in 10 years.
Favorite Features
Very nice for long trips, seats are way comfortable and it rides good for such a big vehicle. Biggest minivan I have ever seen. I enjoy the rear wheel drive for it's ability to tow and it is low cost to maintain. No timing belts, no struts, etc. Much less expensive than others.
Suggested Improvements
Better engine access would have been nice. Better Cup holders I wish they still made a version of the Aerostar, it has been great.
By richdawg
on 05/10/14 17:53 PM (PDT)

How did the van work out?