1996 Ford Aerostar 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I'd Buy 10 if I

1996 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Review

XLT Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

I'd Buy 10 if I could
By greg on

1996 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

We have 2 96 Aeros. One shortie, one cargo. Both are very reliable and run and handle great. No major problems in either one. We use them for our commute and business. Also have an 89 Eddie Bauer, very comfy. The Bauer is so well made and sturdy. A friend has several that are almost at 300K miles, and loves them. We rotate ours, and they all perform well. Will buy another one or two soon. They are inexpensive to buy, and are very reliable. They aren't hot looking (the Bauer is nice, though), but they are a lot of vehicle for the money - and - they are paid for!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, great performance, nice ride, handles well, more comfortable than the Astros by far. Windshield is well away from driver and passenger, more legroom.

Suggested Improvements

Easier access to engine, but with this reliability, you don't need it that much. Wish Ford would bring another version of the Aero back out - they need the biz! Door panels, as someone mentioned, tend to get loose, and one is falling off. The Bauer is better made and reinforced.