1995 Ford Aerostar Consumer Review: My Third Aerostar

1995 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Review

XLT Passenger Minivan (4.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

My Third Aerostar
By Danny Hardwick on

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

I bought a used 1996 Aerostar in 1998 with 66,000 miles on it, and retired it with 225,000 miles on it when it started losing compression in two cylinders. Bought a 1995 with 99,000 miles on it in 2002. It now has 261,500 miles on it and still running strong. however I now live where we get heavy snows, and the two wheel drive does not climb the hills in snow if someone gets in front of you driving less than 30 miles per hour. I drove to Show Low AZ this morning and bought a 1995 AWD extended van with 116400 miles on it and drove it back to Ruidoso, NM. I could not have been happier if I had bought a new car off the lot. This one had been well kept, no rust, and only two door dings.

Starts every time, smooth ride, can get in and drive anywhere with out a worry.

All 3 have had a little wind noise around the front two windows. I can put up with a little noise. It is a great van and I know what I can expect out of it for the $2850 price. I'm a happy camper!