Aerostar still going
By Tony40 on
1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan
This is my 4th Aerostar, and I still love it. I canít find anything out there to replace it without stepping up to a big van (to do this I would have to sacrifice my great fuel economy 18/23). I bought my first Aerostar, an '89, in 1991, put 192,000 miles on it. My next one was a '92 that I traded with 132,000 miles. My next one was a '91. It was totaled (rear-ended) with only 99,000 miles. My current Aerostar, I bought to replace the totaled '91, is a 1995 with 155,000 miles on it. I still take it on family vacations. Out of all 4 Aerostars, I have not done any engine overhauls or tranny jobs. Just normal repairs including changing fluids regularly.
Favorite Features
Drivers comfort, seating height and overall road visibility. Ability to haul big loads with the seats out (4x8 sheets, 26 cu ft refer and shut the hatch, 1800 lbs of river rock for landscaping) and an entire Thomasville dining set w/six chairs.
Suggested Improvements
Few more ponies out of the 3.0 V6, get rid of the cumbersome heater hose connectors/fittings, avility to open all doors when you open the liftgate. Bring the Aerostar back to the Ford line-up RWD of course.