1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
What a diamond in the rough
By KM on 05/03/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

How am I ever going to part with this van? At 212000 it has taken children and all their stuff to college in Wisconsin, North Carolina and Pottsdam in upstate NY. It has made countless trip to Indiana again loaded to the top with product, my husband owns his own business. I has taken me to Minnesota to visit my first grandchild. A last the transmission has started to slip and we are holding on. This van has been a reliable workhorse, it sits outside all year, in western NY, and starts every morning without fail. I have had very few problems with it and the comfort for all my family including my 6'7" son has been great. Everyone can drive it from my son to myself at 5'1". I can haul anything

Aerostar
By sjohn on 06/24/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new and have spent almost nothing on repairs. It now has 170,000 miles and still runs strong. Interior and extetior still look great. Wish Ford still made a vehicle this good. The 4.0 liter engine is great.

not the best
By needacar on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van 1 1/2 years ago, and have done nothing but pour money into it. The whole engine has given out, the cam shaft is broke, both heads cracked, we've had to put in a new radiator, water pump, rack and pinion, and other things I am too frustrated to remember. A lousy deal for us. Beware.

Aerostar still going
By Tony40 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 4th Aerostar, and I still love it. I can’t find anything out there to replace it without stepping up to a big van (to do this I would have to sacrifice my great fuel economy 18/23). I bought my first Aerostar, an '89, in 1991, put 192,000 miles on it. My next one was a '92 that I traded with 132,000 miles. My next one was a '91. It was totaled (rear-ended) with only 99,000 miles. My current Aerostar, I bought to replace the totaled '91, is a 1995 with 155,000 miles on it. I still take it on family vacations. Out of all 4 Aerostars, I have not done any engine overhauls or tranny jobs. Just normal repairs including changing fluids regularly.

400,000 MILE ASTROVAN XLT STILL GOING
By JOHN D on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We had this van since day on it has 403000 miles on it and still going strong took on trip to fla to alanta last week did not burn a drop of oil we repale the battery & Brakes only so far. it amazing this car it will not go away !!!!!!

My Aerostar
By toolshedman on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

All I can say is this is the greastest van I've ever owned, I have the AWD version, plenty of towing power.