Used 1995 Ford Aerostar XLT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

What a diamond in the rough
By KM

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

How am I ever going to part with this van? At 212000 it has taken children and all their stuff to college in Wisconsin, North Carolina and Pottsdam in upstate NY. It has made countless trip to Indiana again loaded to the top with product, my husband owns his own business. I has taken me to Minnesota to visit my first grandchild. A last the transmission has started to slip and we are holding on. This van has been a reliable workhorse, it sits outside all year, in western NY, and starts every morning without fail. I have had very few problems with it and the comfort for all my family including my 6'7" son has been great. Everyone can drive it from my son to myself at 5'1". I can haul anything

Favorite Features

Its reliability, versatility, comfort. What was Ford thinking? I believe this car will last forever.

Suggested Improvements

I love it just the way it is!

Aerostar
By sjohn

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new and have spent almost nothing on repairs. It now has 170,000 miles and still runs strong. Interior and extetior still look great. Wish Ford still made a vehicle this good. The 4.0 liter engine is great.

Favorite Features

Great for hauling people and cargo, plenty of room. Easy to drive, great for kids.

Suggested Improvements

Make it again. Ford goofed when they dropped it and started selling the Windstar which was a joke compared to the Aerostar.

not the best
By needacar

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van 1 1/2 years ago, and have done nothing but pour money into it. The whole engine has given out, the cam shaft is broke, both heads cracked, we've had to put in a new radiator, water pump, rack and pinion, and other things I am too frustrated to remember. A lousy deal for us. Beware.

Favorite Features

Ours had built in safety seats for the kids, I liked that

400,000 MILE ASTROVAN XLT STILL GOING
By JOHN D

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We had this van since day on it has 403000 miles on it and still going strong took on trip to fla to alanta last week did not burn a drop of oil we repale the battery & Brakes only so far. it amazing this car it will not go away !!!!!!

Favorite Features

Visiaon

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Aerostar still going
By Tony40

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 4th Aerostar, and I still love it. I canít find anything out there to replace it without stepping up to a big van (to do this I would have to sacrifice my great fuel economy 18/23). I bought my first Aerostar, an '89, in 1991, put 192,000 miles on it. My next one was a '92 that I traded with 132,000 miles. My next one was a '91. It was totaled (rear-ended) with only 99,000 miles. My current Aerostar, I bought to replace the totaled '91, is a 1995 with 155,000 miles on it. I still take it on family vacations. Out of all 4 Aerostars, I have not done any engine overhauls or tranny jobs. Just normal repairs including changing fluids regularly.

Favorite Features

Drivers comfort, seating height and overall road visibility. Ability to haul big loads with the seats out (4x8 sheets, 26 cu ft refer and shut the hatch, 1800 lbs of river rock for landscaping) and an entire Thomasville dining set w/six chairs.

Suggested Improvements

Few more ponies out of the 3.0 V6, get rid of the cumbersome heater hose connectors/fittings, avility to open all doors when you open the liftgate. Bring the Aerostar back to the Ford line-up RWD of course.