Used 1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

My Third Aerostar
By Danny Hardwick

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

I bought a used 1996 Aerostar in 1998 with 66,000 miles on it, and retired it with 225,000 miles on it when it started losing compression in two cylinders. Bought a 1995 with 99,000 miles on it in 2002. It now has 261,500 miles on it and still running strong. however I now live where we get heavy snows, and the two wheel drive does not climb the hills in snow if someone gets in front of you driving less than 30 miles per hour. I drove to Show Low AZ this morning and bought a 1995 AWD extended van with 116400 miles on it and drove it back to Ruidoso, NM. I could not have been happier if I had bought a new car off the lot. This one had been well kept, no rust, and only two door dings.

Favorite Features

Starts every time, smooth ride, can get in and drive anywhere with out a worry.

Suggested Improvements

All 3 have had a little wind noise around the front two windows. I can put up with a little noise. It is a great van and I know what I can expect out of it for the $2850 price. I'm a happy camper!

192,000 Miles
By Tony

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

This van is fun to drive, very confortable, lots of cargo space. I replace the battery terminals, starter, alternator and door lock. It has 192,897 miles, engine is strong, it does not use oil.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, seat capacity, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

None

Keeps going and going
By Awesome

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle is super reliable. I have not been able to wear it out. It has 230,000 kilometers on it 3.0 liter eng.does not use any oil. I have maintained this vehicle in accordance with manufacturers recommendations. It needs new shocks and some work. I have currently parked in my garage. No rust, I am going to put a new fuel pump for reliability purposes. This vehicle is in great shape and I want to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Room, reliability and the seats in the front are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

None ,this the best mini-van built. Ford bring back the Aerostar. Bigger and roomer than the Dodge Caravan.

What a diamond in the rough
By KM

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

How am I ever going to part with this van? At 212000 it has taken children and all their stuff to college in Wisconsin, North Carolina and Pottsdam in upstate NY. It has made countless trip to Indiana again loaded to the top with product, my husband owns his own business. I has taken me to Minnesota to visit my first grandchild. A last the transmission has started to slip and we are holding on. This van has been a reliable workhorse, it sits outside all year, in western NY, and starts every morning without fail. I have had very few problems with it and the comfort for all my family including my 6'7" son has been great. Everyone can drive it from my son to myself at 5'1". I can haul anything

Favorite Features

Its reliability, versatility, comfort. What was Ford thinking? I believe this car will last forever.

Suggested Improvements

I love it just the way it is!

Aerostar
By sjohn

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new and have spent almost nothing on repairs. It now has 170,000 miles and still runs strong. Interior and extetior still look great. Wish Ford still made a vehicle this good. The 4.0 liter engine is great.

Favorite Features

Great for hauling people and cargo, plenty of room. Easy to drive, great for kids.

Suggested Improvements

Make it again. Ford goofed when they dropped it and started selling the Windstar which was a joke compared to the Aerostar.