1995 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
192,000 Miles
By Tony on 06/20/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This van is fun to drive, very confortable, lots of cargo space. I replace the battery terminals, starter, alternator and door lock. It has 192,897 miles, engine is strong, it does not use oil.

Keeps going and going
By Awesome on 11/23/08 13:34 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle is super reliable. I have not been able to wear it out. It has 230,000 kilometers on it 3.0 liter eng.does not use any oil. I have maintained this vehicle in accordance with manufacturers recommendations. It needs new shocks and some work. I have currently parked in my garage. No rust, I am going to put a new fuel pump for reliability purposes. This vehicle is in great shape and I want to keep it for a long time.

Sorry I Bought This Van
By momof4 on 10/02/06 22:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has cost me over $1k every year in repairs since I purchased it. From a hydraulic arm on the hatch spontaneously breaking (and flying through the van, very dangerous) to numerous engine issues, I have to give this one up. I just sank another $980.00 into it less than a week before I drove it from WA to CA. We returned from our trip last Sunday with a burned out transmission. From what I've seen and read about this car, you either get an excellent vehicle or a complete lemon. Guess which one I got?

gave up my aerostar for a suburban
By tara on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

What a mistake that was. My van had 145,000 and still ran strong. I wanted something newer and biger. So we bought a suburban, had it one month and it broke down. should have kept the aerostar. bought it with 105,000 miles and only changed the belts and a starter motor . I never even got an oil change,

Not bad, but.......
By Jonin Ray on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

I have to dmit that after going though one transmission, 3 starters, one water pump, one air conditioner, and two side door latches...it has come time for me to part with the Aerostar and since they don't make it anymore and I can't find another (would by one if it was a '97), I am going to switch to a Chevy Astro or GMC Safari. Too bad they stopped making it and went to the Windstar...they Safari/Astro would have good competition.

Old Faithful
By Mrs. G on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

What a great van for the $$. It has been very reliable with only repairs to the brakes (which I assume is considred maintenance) and 2 seat belt clasps. We spend a lot of time on the road loaded with teenagers and luggage and have not been left stranded. On October 3rd, it was in a roll over accident, and in spite of 4 complete rolls, it held up beautifully. The 3 seatbelted passengers received only moderate cuts and bruising. I am definately looking for another Aerostar!

Ford Aerostar
By Kevin Kurtz on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

No major mechanical problems, very reliable. After going 90,000 miles, I have not had to do any maintenance other than oil changes.

Aerostar rocks
By Joe Lexxus on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has never ever given any problems since day one. I would definitely buy another Aerostar if Ford still made them.