1995 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
My Third Aerostar
By Danny Hardwick on 07/16/10 22:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

I bought a used 1996 Aerostar in 1998 with 66,000 miles on it, and retired it with 225,000 miles on it when it started losing compression in two cylinders. Bought a 1995 with 99,000 miles on it in 2002. It now has 261,500 miles on it and still running strong. however I now live where we get heavy snows, and the two wheel drive does not climb the hills in snow if someone gets in front of you driving less than 30 miles per hour. I drove to Show Low AZ this morning and bought a 1995 AWD extended van with 116400 miles on it and drove it back to Ruidoso, NM. I could not have been happier if I had bought a new car off the lot. This one had been well kept, no rust, and only two door dings.

192,000 Miles
By Tony on 06/20/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This van is fun to drive, very confortable, lots of cargo space. I replace the battery terminals, starter, alternator and door lock. It has 192,897 miles, engine is strong, it does not use oil.

Keeps going and going
By Awesome on 11/23/08 13:34 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle is super reliable. I have not been able to wear it out. It has 230,000 kilometers on it 3.0 liter eng.does not use any oil. I have maintained this vehicle in accordance with manufacturers recommendations. It needs new shocks and some work. I have currently parked in my garage. No rust, I am going to put a new fuel pump for reliability purposes. This vehicle is in great shape and I want to keep it for a long time.

What a diamond in the rough
By KM on 05/03/08 08:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

How am I ever going to part with this van? At 212000 it has taken children and all their stuff to college in Wisconsin, North Carolina and Pottsdam in upstate NY. It has made countless trip to Indiana again loaded to the top with product, my husband owns his own business. I has taken me to Minnesota to visit my first grandchild. A last the transmission has started to slip and we are holding on. This van has been a reliable workhorse, it sits outside all year, in western NY, and starts every morning without fail. I have had very few problems with it and the comfort for all my family including my 6'7" son has been great. Everyone can drive it from my son to myself at 5'1". I can haul anything

Aerostar
By sjohn on 06/24/07 10:07 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it new and have spent almost nothing on repairs. It now has 170,000 miles and still runs strong. Interior and extetior still look great. Wish Ford still made a vehicle this good. The 4.0 liter engine is great.

1995 AWD AEROSTAR
By Allen Ballard on 03/13/07 07:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

My third AWD Aerostar and best yet. I own a second 1995 AWD, my first Aerostar was a 1990 short van. All 3 vans have have been rock solid dependable with normal maintenance issues such as front CV boots, steering knuckles/bearings being the most costly, occurring in the 130-140K mile range. These vans were built at Hazelwood, MO by some of the best people that Ford has. I enjoyed working with St Louis Assembly as a supplier QA Engineer for over 13 years so I speak from experience. Both vans have over 184K and plenty of life remaining. I am now considering another 97 AWD model. Gas mileage = 17- 20mpg & same as a Windstar which has less room and utility. Aerostar's build quality is far superior.

Sorry I Bought This Van
By momof4 on 10/02/06 22:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has cost me over $1k every year in repairs since I purchased it. From a hydraulic arm on the hatch spontaneously breaking (and flying through the van, very dangerous) to numerous engine issues, I have to give this one up. I just sank another $980.00 into it less than a week before I drove it from WA to CA. We returned from our trip last Sunday with a burned out transmission. From what I've seen and read about this car, you either get an excellent vehicle or a complete lemon. Guess which one I got?

A great minivan
By RHS on 04/21/06 14:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

This van has never let me down.

4WD Aerostar
By Robert on 01/24/05 13:38 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

This 4 liter 4WD Aerostar has been a very dependable and very versatile vehicle for our large family.

not the best
By needacar on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van 1 1/2 years ago, and have done nothing but pour money into it. The whole engine has given out, the cam shaft is broke, both heads cracked, we've had to put in a new radiator, water pump, rack and pinion, and other things I am too frustrated to remember. A lousy deal for us. Beware.