1994 Ford Aerostar Consumer Review: There's good news, there's bad

1994 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Review

There's good news, there's bad news
By Gotepen on

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

I bought this Aerostar when it had 22,000 miles on it. It has never stranded me by the side of the road (unlike my Escort!), but it has given me some scares such as when the throttle control was dying and the darn thing was doing the herky-jerky on the interstate at 70mph! As with all Fords, the electrical stuff is crap. Gauges that can't be trusted, dash lights that flicker, idiot lights that light up whenever they feel like it. However, the engine is strong, strong, strong. This vehicle will run for another 100k. No problems with transmission either. Can haul anything, massive storage capacity. Decent mileage, 18/24! Rear brakes never worked, all braking done in front.

Roominess, lovely high driving position, smooth cruise control, two can sleep fully stretched-out in the back with the seats removed (try *that* in your econo-box!). Hardly felt the bump when I was rear-ended once, but the car that hit me was quite mangled.

Electrical, brakes.