1994 Ford Aerostar Consumer Review: Ford truck, but in the shape o

1994 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Review

XLT Passenger Minivan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Ford truck, but in the shape of a minivan
By freshbrood on

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This things just awesome. I bought a '94 XLT in 2011.. 282k miles on it. That's right- Runs like a champ. Dependable, comfy, and surprisingly just about all the electrical works, except for passenger side window and lighter. All the lights and electrical otherwise are fine, still going strong.

The space. It's deceptively roomy inside. And the removable bench seats are excellent. Oh, and the auto AWD- very cool, and gas saving. It's rear wheel only until the rear wheels slip- then it auto engages the front wheels too. Very cool.

Upgrade the rims! 14" stock are not only less comfortable and stable, but it's a PAIN trying to find replacement tires in 14's. Fortunately, I found a complete set of 4 Mustang GT 16" rims, WITH tires, for $100 on Craigslist! Sweet upgrade. This could even handle 17's, but I wouldn't go 18 unless you got the really skinny tires.
By patriceok
on 07/09/13 14:33 PM (PDT)

You have an E-4WD --were they all electronic 4WD? I just got a 94 AWD Aerostar with 220,000 miles on it, so I was heartened to see your post. I'm online looking for 1) a manual that covers this year and 4WD (as opposed to the 86-88 Haynes for 2WD that I found in the back seat) and 2) the location of the Cabin (not engine) air filter...I smell mouse....