Used 1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

Great For Up Here
By Canadian Driver

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan AWD

This is the perfect minivan for Canadians or Alaskans. It can move up to eight people, in a BLIZZARD! I've never had problems with this except for the alternator. Up here in Canada, we are always digging out after snowstorms. The roads are icy and what not. This van will make it through 2 feet of snow better than a 4X4 Chevy! Kudos to whoever came up with this idea.

-AWD -Roominess of the interior. -Can haul almost anything. -4.0l v6 engine.

There's good news, there's bad news
By Gotepen

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

I bought this Aerostar when it had 22,000 miles on it. It has never stranded me by the side of the road (unlike my Escort!), but it has given me some scares such as when the throttle control was dying and the darn thing was doing the herky-jerky on the interstate at 70mph! As with all Fords, the electrical stuff is crap. Gauges that can't be trusted, dash lights that flicker, idiot lights that light up whenever they feel like it. However, the engine is strong, strong, strong. This vehicle will run for another 100k. No problems with transmission either. Can haul anything, massive storage capacity. Decent mileage, 18/24! Rear brakes never worked, all braking done in front.

Roominess, lovely high driving position, smooth cruise control, two can sleep fully stretched-out in the back with the seats removed (try *that* in your econo-box!). Hardly felt the bump when I was rear-ended once, but the car that hit me was quite mangled.

Electrical, brakes.

Terrible piece of junk
By Dan713

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan Window 3dr Cargo Minivan AWD

My uncle bought this car simply to drive to work back and forth carrying himself and his restraunt supplys. Hes a calm guy and he never driveres fast than 60 mph. Even still the car is falling apart. The lights no longer work, the gauges are giving out false readings, and practically the whole electrical componets are defected. The car is falling apart simply by driving it slowly. The whole cabin shakes and rattles on the freeway. Maybe the only thing I like about it is the comfortable front row seats. The rest is poor quality. Even the engine. I will never buy a Ford ever again. But they might make good trucks. Not vans or cars.

Exotic seat with air pump.

Too many to fit here. All electrical componets broken, rattles violently

BEST I'VE OWNED
By TENNESSEE DRIVER

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

BOUGHT NEW,148000 MILES LATER STILL GOING LIKE NEW, REPLACED STARTER AND USUAL MAINTANCE,STARTED USING SYNTHEIC OIL AT 100000 AND IT STOPPED PINGING AND BOOSTED POWER,I LOVE THE DRIVER SEATING, 23MPG.IT'S SO GOOD FORD STOPPED MAKING THEM.

FOR A SIMPLE DEPENDABLE FAMILY VEHICLE IT HAS EVERTHING NEEDED.

MORE POWER ON TAKE OFF FOR INTERSTATE DRIVING, HAS ENOUGH FOR AROUND TOWN DRIVING.

ford
By ana

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Ext Minivan

In general works fine, needs power steering fuel,done some work thru the years

very comfortable.