Used 1994 Ford Aerostar XL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

Aerotank
By Jason

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

We've had this thing for 5 years. It has served us great. We've gone from coast to coast with no major problems. All the kids fit with enough space to keep them from fighting. Take out the seats and it will haul ANYTHING. We did a complete move with just this van. It is built very solid. She took a hit from a deer last year and kept rolling with no serious damage. My wife seized the engine by letting it overheat and it fired right back up after it cooled off. I've had a few odd-ball electrical problems, but this is normal for Ford. Other than that I've only dealt with routine maintenance issues. The old girl has 210,000 miles now and still runs fine, and the AC is still cold.

Rear wheel drive for larger towing and hauling capacity. Solid construction and fairly nimble for a van. The engine and transmission have been absolutely bullet-proof.

Well, first off Ford should've kept making it. Power window controls located in an odd place. Too many electrical problems. Sliding door too heavy for small children to open and close.

There's good news, there's bad news
By Gotepen

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

I bought this Aerostar when it had 22,000 miles on it. It has never stranded me by the side of the road (unlike my Escort!), but it has given me some scares such as when the throttle control was dying and the darn thing was doing the herky-jerky on the interstate at 70mph! As with all Fords, the electrical stuff is crap. Gauges that can't be trusted, dash lights that flicker, idiot lights that light up whenever they feel like it. However, the engine is strong, strong, strong. This vehicle will run for another 100k. No problems with transmission either. Can haul anything, massive storage capacity. Decent mileage, 18/24! Rear brakes never worked, all braking done in front.

Roominess, lovely high driving position, smooth cruise control, two can sleep fully stretched-out in the back with the seats removed (try *that* in your econo-box!). Hardly felt the bump when I was rear-ended once, but the car that hit me was quite mangled.

Electrical, brakes.

BEST I'VE OWNED
By TENNESSEE DRIVER

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

BOUGHT NEW,148000 MILES LATER STILL GOING LIKE NEW, REPLACED STARTER AND USUAL MAINTANCE,STARTED USING SYNTHEIC OIL AT 100000 AND IT STOPPED PINGING AND BOOSTED POWER,I LOVE THE DRIVER SEATING, 23MPG.IT'S SO GOOD FORD STOPPED MAKING THEM.

FOR A SIMPLE DEPENDABLE FAMILY VEHICLE IT HAS EVERTHING NEEDED.

MORE POWER ON TAKE OFF FOR INTERSTATE DRIVING, HAS ENOUGH FOR AROUND TOWN DRIVING.

94 Ford Aerostar
By Peck

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

Runs like a clock, no surprises. Very predictable vehicle. You can tell when something is going- a basic van which is very comfortable- especially for taller people. Nothing special but cheap to maintain and operate.

Middle seat comes out, keep the back one, makes a pickup/kid hauler with plenty of "open space". Ideal for trash cans to groceries to oversized items at Home Depot!

No longer made so this is funny. I would bring it back, a great rear-wheel drive van- a highway cruising family machine- none of that fancy dual door, AWD stuff . . .

Very Dependable
By valmomof2

1994 Ford Aerostar Minivan XL 3dr Minivan

This is a very dependable van. I have had this van for 8 years, 173,000 miles, and never broke down. Most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.

besides it's dependability, it is roomy

it looks like a dustbuster....lack of drink holders