1994 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
Aerotank
By Jason on 12/24/06 13:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

We've had this thing for 5 years. It has served us great. We've gone from coast to coast with no major problems. All the kids fit with enough space to keep them from fighting. Take out the seats and it will haul ANYTHING. We did a complete move with just this van. It is built very solid. She took a hit from a deer last year and kept rolling with no serious damage. My wife seized the engine by letting it overheat and it fired right back up after it cooled off. I've had a few odd-ball electrical problems, but this is normal for Ford. Other than that I've only dealt with routine maintenance issues. The old girl has 210,000 miles now and still runs fine, and the AC is still cold.

There's good news, there's bad news
By Gotepen on 09/05/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

I bought this Aerostar when it had 22,000 miles on it. It has never stranded me by the side of the road (unlike my Escort!), but it has given me some scares such as when the throttle control was dying and the darn thing was doing the herky-jerky on the interstate at 70mph! As with all Fords, the electrical stuff is crap. Gauges that can't be trusted, dash lights that flicker, idiot lights that light up whenever they feel like it. However, the engine is strong, strong, strong. This vehicle will run for another 100k. No problems with transmission either. Can haul anything, massive storage capacity. Decent mileage, 18/24! Rear brakes never worked, all braking done in front.

BEST I'VE OWNED
By TENNESSEE DRIVER on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

BOUGHT NEW,148000 MILES LATER STILL GOING LIKE NEW, REPLACED STARTER AND USUAL MAINTANCE,STARTED USING SYNTHEIC OIL AT 100000 AND IT STOPPED PINGING AND BOOSTED POWER,I LOVE THE DRIVER SEATING, 23MPG.IT'S SO GOOD FORD STOPPED MAKING THEM.

94 Ford Aerostar
By Peck on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

Runs like a clock, no surprises. Very predictable vehicle. You can tell when something is going- a basic van which is very comfortable- especially for taller people. Nothing special but cheap to maintain and operate.

Very Dependable
By valmomof2 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

This is a very dependable van. I have had this van for 8 years, 173,000 miles, and never broke down. Most dependable vehicle I have ever owned.