1994 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
Ford truck, but in the shape of a minivan
By freshbrood on 03/11/12 00:10 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This things just awesome. I bought a '94 XLT in 2011.. 282k miles on it. That's right- Runs like a champ. Dependable, comfy, and surprisingly just about all the electrical works, except for passenger side window and lighter. All the lights and electrical otherwise are fine, still going strong.

Aero-Star
By Great Van! on 05/16/10 07:37 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

Owner for 15yrs. Runs great! The few minor problems that came up I was able to handle myself. Rear seats have been out for a few years and van is used for cargo,which it does great, the space available for cargo is cavernous.. no other mini can even come close. I will keep this van until it falls apart. Very easy to drive and comfortable also.

Hard to beat
By Lapoot on 11/09/09 12:57 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar Eddie Bauer 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought used with 80000. Issues: spark plug wires replace once at 110,000. Shift lever loose at 145,000. Mileage: 22 on the highway, 15 in town. Very comfortable ride , even for large people. SOLID, DEPENDABLE. I regularly have the tranny flushed, and filled with AMS oil.

By Bo Baker on 05/14/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

One great van, one great motor, 178000 miles and going strong. Will clean it up, put some new mats in it and keep it for another 12 years.

I love my Ford Aerostar
By Steve on 10/26/07 08:40 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever bought. It has never been towed. My son is 3 yrs older than the van and he is driving it now. I have replaced the spark plug twice and it is because I felt guilty. I do change my oil every 3000 - 5000 mile. I have performed minimum maintenace on this vehicle. I still trust it more than my newer vehicles. I wish they did not stop making them. Thanks Ford for a great vehicle. Oh, it has driven 270,000 miles already and still sound great.

Aerotank
By Jason on 12/24/06 13:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

We've had this thing for 5 years. It has served us great. We've gone from coast to coast with no major problems. All the kids fit with enough space to keep them from fighting. Take out the seats and it will haul ANYTHING. We did a complete move with just this van. It is built very solid. She took a hit from a deer last year and kept rolling with no serious damage. My wife seized the engine by letting it overheat and it fired right back up after it cooled off. I've had a few odd-ball electrical problems, but this is normal for Ford. Other than that I've only dealt with routine maintenance issues. The old girl has 210,000 miles now and still runs fine, and the AC is still cold.

Crazy about this little van, it's a beaut
By martha on 11/21/06 22:52 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Ext Minivan

Got it for a steal , 9 hundred bucks, looks and runs brand new. Bought it at auction, it did have a knot on one tire...no biggie love love love it, it holds ALL my stuff.

1994 Aerostar
By Jeff on 08/21/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Ext Minivan

This has been an amazing work horse. The van now has 208,00 miles and going strong. I have had it serviced every 3,00 miles, but has had only one tune-up after 12 years of service. The vehicle is hard on brakes and starters. Now in its retirement years, it's used primarily for trips to the hardware store. Compared with other vehicles I have owned, the Aerostar has been the most dependable of them all and the cheapest to purchase.

Surprised
By Surprised on 07/19/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

Bought used in 2003 to use primarily as a roofings sales rep van. All of my gear and literature fit perfectly! Heavy driving - bought with 160K and just turned 292K - with only minor maintenance required. Very comfortable - I'm 6'4" and 230 and was never uncomfortable during all of those miles. Van tends to soak up and hold the heat during the summer.

Great Van
By jack on 06/26/06 19:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

The most comfortable driving vehicle I've ever owned. 8 hours behind the wheel is very easy to do. Living in Wisconsin, the AWD has been very useful at times. The 4.0 liter is plenty of engine for this size van. I do think having to lubricate the front brakes every year is poor design. In the last 12 years I have enjoyed my Aerostar very much.