Used 1994 Ford Aerostar Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

Ford truck, but in the shape of a minivan
By freshbrood

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

This things just awesome. I bought a '94 XLT in 2011.. 282k miles on it. That's right- Runs like a champ. Dependable, comfy, and surprisingly just about all the electrical works, except for passenger side window and lighter. All the lights and electrical otherwise are fine, still going strong.

Favorite Features

The space. It's deceptively roomy inside. And the removable bench seats are excellent. Oh, and the auto AWD- very cool, and gas saving. It's rear wheel only until the rear wheels slip- then it auto engages the front wheels too. Very cool.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the rims! 14" stock are not only less comfortable and stable, but it's a PAIN trying to find replacement tires in 14's. Fortunately, I found a complete set of 4 Mustang GT 16" rims, WITH tires, for $100 on Craigslist! Sweet upgrade. This could even handle 17's, but I wouldn't go 18 unless you got the really skinny tires.

Aero-Star
By Great Van!

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

Owner for 15yrs. Runs great! The few minor problems that came up I was able to handle myself. Rear seats have been out for a few years and van is used for cargo,which it does great, the space available for cargo is cavernous.. no other mini can even come close. I will keep this van until it falls apart. Very easy to drive and comfortable also.

Favorite Features

AWD-great in winter, more practical cargo hauler than many pickup trucks.

Suggested Improvements

Well, hey Ford how about building another mini van like the Aerostar again. As opposed to not selling any mini van like you do now.

Hard to beat
By Lapoot

1994 Ford Aerostar Eddie Bauer 3dr Minivan AWD

Bought used with 80000. Issues: spark plug wires replace once at 110,000. Shift lever loose at 145,000. Mileage: 22 on the highway, 15 in town. Very comfortable ride , even for large people. SOLID, DEPENDABLE. I regularly have the tranny flushed, and filled with AMS oil.

Favorite Features

4wd, captain's seat, remote start,

By Bo Baker

1994 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

One great van, one great motor, 178000 miles and going strong. Will clean it up, put some new mats in it and keep it for another 12 years.

Favorite Features

Handling and performance

Suggested Improvements

Getting to engine easier and window motors were a problem for a while. More storage would be great.

I love my Ford Aerostar
By Steve

1994 Ford Aerostar XL Plus 3dr Minivan

This is the best vehicle I have ever bought. It has never been towed. My son is 3 yrs older than the van and he is driving it now. I have replaced the spark plug twice and it is because I felt guilty. I do change my oil every 3000 - 5000 mile. I have performed minimum maintenace on this vehicle. I still trust it more than my newer vehicles. I wish they did not stop making them. Thanks Ford for a great vehicle. Oh, it has driven 270,000 miles already and still sound great.

Favorite Features

I love the feel of the driver seat. It is very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

If they were still making these, change the clip on the rack and pinion steering boot to something without sharp edges.