Good Used Vehicle Purchase
By cooperstar on
1993 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Ext Minivan
Purchased my Aerostar as an in-between vehicle. Recently had family addition and needed room for family of five. This was a quick purchase without much thought. Have had to make several repairs since owning but have grown to love the vehicle. Replaced front axle, lower control joints, brakes, resealed windows, thermostat, water pump, shift control cable, middle bench seat, third door panel and radio. Even after all that it still cheaper than purchasing a newer van. With the exception of a pesky oil/transmission leak, which I will take care of soon, we have come to appreciate the van, especially the full time all wheel drive.
Favorite Features
It drives and rides like a truck. My wife and I like that. We also own a Ford Explorer. The passenger bench seats are extremely confortable, plus the integrated child seats are a big plus. Full time all wheel drive.
Suggested Improvements
Suggestion, if Ford still made them, would be to make working under the hood a little easier. Too cramped, can't get tools and hands in, must use various tool extensions and have small hands. Better gas mileage with all wheel drive. As long as the roads are bare and dry, mpg is as listed.