1992 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
Ole Gretta
By Carrie on 03/05/09 11:25 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

My 1992 Ford Aerostar has over 219,000 miles on it and I've been enjoying driving it for the past 10 years (bought it with 73,000 mi). Aside from routine maintenance, I've only replaced the starter, water pump, heater core and oil pan gasket/seal in the past 10 YEARS!!! Wish Ford would reinstate manufacturing techniques from the 1990's!!!

Very reliable
By My Aero on 05/30/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

I just bought this van used of course for 1300 CDN. I am very impressed with the condition and how well the previous owner looked after it. There are only two things I don't like. It's a pig on gas and not a lot of take off power but it's a van and ideal for what I need as very useful for pleasure or work. Ford did a great job on this model

My experience
By Rihmond Ugorji on 07/30/07 17:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Aerostar 3dr Ext Cargo Minivan

I have driven this car for about three months now and it is running very smooth, It had 145,000 miles on it when I bought it and it still runs smooth.

king of the road
By Ivan on 11/29/05 14:24 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

superior family/dog/supply moving vehicle. with high seating and a real frame around the van this vehicle provides real piece of mind. outside of the subpar starters that were supplied with this van , the rest of the equipment does the job , in comfort. The AWD feature makes this van unstoppable on the worst days. god bless ford

I'll buy another one
By Dave on 12/06/04 12:19 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

Bought this great van with 170,000 miles on it. Didn't believe it would last, but drove it another 33,000 miles since then and it's still going fast and easy.

its a tank and hauls
By tig_nj on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

you cant beat this vehicle it does it all 4x4 that will blast through anything, cargo capcity you name it, it can take it home for you. thanks ford.

gr8
By trashman on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Ext Minivan

only had vehicle a couple of years but have put 60000 miles on it with a total of 311000 miles great service wish they still made them as im looking 4 around a (99) model now and looking at the windstars reviews im scared of them.

Keeps on Runnin
By Ed F on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Ext Minivan

185,000 miles and still going. No major repairs...only brakes, tires, muffler, alternator. Wish they still made 'em.

Family Van + Dog
By LJN on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Minivan

Our van just goes and goes. It has great interior room for kids, dog and luggage. We have traveled accross country several times. Regular maintenance keeps everything running, warning lights actually do mean something. This has also been a great car to teach teenagers to drive. Safe!

ford aerostar
By thomas L on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Aerostar XL 3dr Minivan

I have never had to do anything except the standard repairs..brakes, tires muffler,etc in 10 years..and with 60000 miles on it, its like new. I plan on driving it for serveral more years without any problem...