1991 Ford Aerostar 4.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Bullet Proof Engine!

1991 Ford Aerostar - Consumer Review

XLT Passenger Minivan (4.0L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Bullet Proof Engine!
By Mel Turner on

1991 Ford Aerostar XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

The only reason I do not have my Aerostar today is because some guy, angry at his wife, totaled it while parked in front of my house. That V6 engine was bulletproof. Buy using only synthetic oil, the engine took a licking and kept on ticking (215000 miles at death) At start up I would hear a ticking sound, but as the engine warmed up the ticking went away and it never interfered with the performance. I loved the interior design. I had to replace the transmission and AC at 70K, but my extended warranty covered that beast. It was absolutely a blast and pleasure to drive on long trips.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and power, extremely comfortable driving conditions, interior and exterior design, roomy (enough room where four kids did not touch one another). Great fuel economy. Bulletproof engine. If I could find one in decent condition, I'll buy it in a heart beat.

Suggested Improvements

Ensure creature comfort systems are reliable as the engine and Ford should bring the Aerostar back on the market.