Used 1991 Ford Aerostar XLT Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

Bullet Proof Engine!
By Mel Turner

1991 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

The only reason I do not have my Aerostar today is because some guy, angry at his wife, totaled it while parked in front of my house. That V6 engine was bulletproof. Buy using only synthetic oil, the engine took a licking and kept on ticking (215000 miles at death) At start up I would hear a ticking sound, but as the engine warmed up the ticking went away and it never interfered with the performance. I loved the interior design. I had to replace the transmission and AC at 70K, but my extended warranty covered that beast. It was absolutely a blast and pleasure to drive on long trips.

Engine performance and power, extremely comfortable driving conditions, interior and exterior design, roomy (enough room where four kids did not touch one another). Great fuel economy. Bulletproof engine. If I could find one in decent condition, I'll buy it in a heart beat.

Ensure creature comfort systems are reliable as the engine and Ford should bring the Aerostar back on the market.

• Sedan