2016 FIAT 500X SUV Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 FIAT 500X SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500X model:

So Far So Good
By adam keziah

2016 FIAT 500X SUV Easy 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Only had our 500X AWD for a month, but it seems to handle the curves in the mountains of NC/TN very well. Also the AWD seems to handle the rain better than our FWD Corolla. Notice some reviews complain on the shifting, my experience switch to "sport" when you know you need more responsive shifting. Works for us. Not really comfortable front seats but for a compact SUV I can live with it. Only real complaint is the factory navigation and trying to find an update for it online. Google maps very up to date but would like NAV to be updated so I can leave phone alone totally and use factory hands free. Look forward to this fall/winter to see how the AWD holds up.

Love my 500X
By Michelle

2016 FIAT 500X SUV Easy 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I love my car. I drove several different cross-overs and loved this one. I asked for a longer factory warranty and got it--89 months/100,000 miles. I have had no problems with my car and drive it daily.

Gets a lot of attention!
By DJ

2016 FIAT 500X SUV Easy 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This car is actually fun to drive, and it gets a lot of attention, with people pointing at it! It's pretty roomy in the front. The back is so-so. Great for kids or smaller people. I bought the 2.4 AWD. It hugs the road nicely. The auto shifting is a bit rough. It takes some time getting used to. The stereo rocks, and there are USB ports. It was very easy to sync the phone. The middle screen on the dash has a lot of computer "stuff" that you can program. IE-Alerts you when you are going a certain speed that you have set, outside temp, miles to empty etc. Plus you can have it show digitally MPH (The speedometer to the left of that screen actually is the "old school" 20, 30, 40 etc with the lines for each 5MPH increment. All in all I give it a 4. I would give it a 5, but it's a bit slow pulling into traffic. It doesn't "lag", however. It slowly but steadily increases in speed. It's a quiet ride, and once you hit 70+ MPH it's very smooth. I like it! THUMBS UP.

Better car than my last 8 cars , seriously!
By David Wayne

2016 FIAT 500X SUV Trekking 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Unfortunate issues
By Aimee Gomez

2016 FIAT 500X SUV Lounge 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I owned the Fiat 500 L, which was totalled, and I walked away from the crash, so for that, I was thankful. I had many issues with my car, but for the price and accessories, I considered the 500 X. I had it as my rental car. It already had issues with only 4000 miles on it. The engine was hiccup ping already and some back up camera issues were already there. I had to have my backup camera replaced at 15000 miles and had already changed my brakes at 20000. Hope this helps.