2014 FIAT 500L Consumer Review: Fantastic value and just plain

2014 FIAT 500L - Consumer Review

Lounge Wagon (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual)

Fantastic value and just plain fun to drive
By jabird101 on

2014 FIAT 500L Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 500L in early July 2013. When I tried to insure it, Progressive had no rate for this vehicle. This is how early I got in on the 500L. After 7 months I am more than pleased with the performance, quality, economy and just plain fun. There have been reports of transmissions issues, and while there were some that had issues, this was caused by a faulty version of the controller software, and has since been corrected. Those affected became a very vocal group of three or four people who have plastered false info every where they can. This is proven by the 25,000 plus units with the DDCT, the tens of thousands of Dodge Dart DDCT units and the 100,000+ good units world wide.

Favorite Features

Style is a big plus for me, this thing is beautiful. Excellent room inside for luggage and people. the rear seat legroom is incredible. I am 6 foot and have taken several 6 foot and over folks and have never had to adjust the drivers seat to make room for the rear seat passengers. The Navigation is excellent and the sound form the beats stereo is very good. Performance is very good in the dry, wet and it handles as good as any front wheel drive vehicle in the snow. I have gotten all positive comments from folks in and around the Cleveland, Ohio area since I have owned it.

Suggested Improvements

Include the spare tire rather than make it optional. I know this is the new trend to eliminate wight and cost, but having a spare is priceless. My biggest suggestion for improvement: Make sure the dealers know how to handle large problems. All of the really upset folks with this vehicle have had issues with the dealers more than the car. They have been lied to and mislead by the dealers service folks, not Fiat. This reflect poorly on the manufacturer and the model, when it is completely unwarranted.