Second Fiat
By bobfl3 on
2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I loved my 2012 500c but found myself needing something a little larger. I traded in the cabrio for the new 500L and am very pleased with it so far. I've only driven 500 miles on the new one, so time will tell if it is as reliable as the little 500 was. I'm very happy with the Dual Dry Clutch Automatic. It is fuel efficient and has the pick up I need for merging into heavy traffic on the highway. Taller people fit well in the car, even with the sunroof. The car has an excellent ride quality and everything works as it should. It is comfortable, has great visibility, plus it's fun to drive.
Favorite Features
I love the rear seats that can be moved forward or backward, reclined, folded flat, or tumbled forward for more load room. The Bluetooth works beautifully and the noise level in the cabin is low. Opening up all the windows plus the huge sunroof makes the car feel very open and airy. I like the fact that I can have the fog lights on without having to turn on the headlights. I have a very long commute and I can say that driving this car is a pleasure no matter the traffic condition. The touch screen is easy to use and the free upgrades that came with the car are wonderful. I love the stereo. The sound of the car is also very nice. An Abarth engine in a family car - hooray!
Suggested Improvements
Personally I prefer the interior seat coverings in the Pop to those in the Easy. The new Easy models we looked at already looked dirty. I'd like to see the Easy with different seat cover choices or the Pop with an automatic transmission option. I went with the Trekking to get the best combination of interior fabric and options I wanted. So far there is not much color variety available in higher level models, but I'm sure this will change over time. Perhaps a denser fabric for the sunshade to help eliminate heat during the summer months would be an improvement, although I love the light, airy feeling of the shade it comes with. Turning up the AC to cool things off works fine.