2014 FIAT 500L Consumer Review: 2500 Mile Review

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon - Consumer Review

2500 Mile Review
By redgoldkc on

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car has excellent interior room for its size. For me, it is the perfect size vehicle. I wanted something smaller than a CUV, but still can fit some cargo. The exterior and interior styling is unique and looks upscale. The tech is user friendly. It has plenty of power and can be fun to drive. I say can because the vents and cheap interior plastic vibrate and rattle if not on a freshly paved road. Also, I hate to turn off the bass on the Beat audio because it made the plastic on the door rattle. Forgot putting stuff in the glovebox or center console unless you want the sound of a baby rattle. Occasionally the car won't kick-on when turning the key, but it has on a 2nd turn.

The interior headroom is excellent. I also like the high seating position. The tech is user friendly. It can stream Pandora from an I-phone with bluetooth. The euro exterior styling fits my taste. The 48 month warranty is pretty good.

Replace the cheap, hard, vibrating, and rattling interior plastic with soft touch material. It ruins the entire driving experience. Most cars of the class, even the Kia Soul, doesn't have so much cheap hard plastic. The mpg is less than impressive. I have averaged a hair over 26 mpg in mixed driving. Not sure what is not causing it not consistently start. I would say add AWD, but there is enough over stuff Fiat needs to improve first. The owner manual has an error. Fiat confirmed premium gas is recommend & regular is acceptable. No spare tire! Come on Fiat.