2014 FIAT 500L Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500L model:
On our 2nd 500L and my 5th FIAT total
By roiscuba on 10/19/14 19:03 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This has got to be one of the most underrated cars on the market today. When you strip away the funky exterior (to American tastes) it's a great car, especially in a market segment that has essentially been abandoned. We bought our 1st 500L (Trekking w/manual trans) back in February. Loved the car. Only had minor annoyances (armrest and hand brake operation) that we would have found in any car. Loved it for day to day driving, loved it on the freeway. Used it to haul our 2 Great Danes around with us. When my wife wrecked the car and the insurance company totaled it, we immediately went to another 500L (fully loaded Lounge) without hesitation, because my wife was not hurt at all.

sorry that some people are having use or dealer problems
By marbitman on 10/01/14 22:15 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Easy 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a 500L Easy with automated manual transmission from Fiat of Austin in October, 2013. When my wife wanted to purchase the Blue Chiaro color, and the dealer did not have it in stock, or on order, Lisa C., the manager, immediately got on the case, searched the orders coming into the US, and swapped inventory with a regional dealer, getting the color that we wanted. Delivery was smooth, and we (the car and I) got acquainted. This car is beautifully styled, in and out, is well built, and behaves normally in most unextreme conditions. It is not perfect....I find the brakes to be a bit "touchy", but they perform well. I find the transmission quirky, but it performs well.

Surprised at how much I like this car
By clj1959 on 08/31/14 08:19 AM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Easy 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I downsized to a 500L Easy with a sunroof and automatic from a VW Tiguan. At first I thought "what have I done?" but after a couple of months, and now that I'm accustomed to the quirky transmission, I totally love this car. It's very peppy and incredibly easy to maneuver. I have a 25 mile freeway commute and the 500L handles it with aplomb, and the excellent visibility is a big plus when changing lanes. Another big plus is how unique it is. I'm very happy.

Owned lots of cars- this is one of the best
By randall118 on 07/21/14 17:31 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned about 20 cars and trucks in my life and the 500L Trekking is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. Nice design. comfortable, smooth ride. Fantastic pick up with the 6 spd. Trekking trim is really great. plenty of storage. The front side windshield windows make for great visibility. The only cons are the armrest is in the way of the hand brake. But it does fold up out of the way. And the driver side wiper does not lift up for easy window cleaning and snow clearing. You have to get the wipers in the "up" position and turn off the car so the wiper stays "up". Then you can lift it up off the window. That's an oddity.

Great car with Trekking collection 5
By kuk1 on 06/28/14 15:14 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have been driving it for a week now Pros: Excellent visibility 360 Great engine with turbo Awesome seats and tech features. Cons: None yet Wish: The headlights turned on when doors unlock

It's been a Great Car!
By steelg on 04/18/14 12:16 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I 've had the car since November of 2013. It's a Trekking with the 6 speed auto. I love the trans as it reacts like a manual without the fuss. I've had the computer flash done, but other than that no issues. I love the car. I've read all the complaints that other customers have been having and they have not arrived with my purchase.

11k miles and counting
By fazzster on 04/02/14 08:27 AM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Our L family hauler just turned 11k miles. The dual clutch transmission has performed flawlessly despite the recall for the reflash. The winter here in New England has been extremely cold yet we have none of the cold start issues some owners have reported. Warmer spring weather has brought 32-37mpg around town driving. The roads around here are very beat up yet the L remains solid and rattle free. Our family of 5 fits great and any extra luggage goes on the roof. The L is a great buy. Don't let the negative reviews turn you off. Though many are certainly legit, just keep in mind many people abuse their machines and are often the ones who cry the loudest.

Glad I Waited for Six Months to Review
By scrappy60 on 03/28/14 18:33 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a Fiat 500L Trekking in September 2013. To be honest, it took me quite awhile to get used to its rather quirky transmission -- and I have a manual!! The issue was the six gears and the need for a quick shift between first and second. But now that I have gotten used to how and when to shift, I am very happy with my purchase. This vehicle has all the features of the pricier Honda CRV at about 5K less -- and it looks better and handles better on the road. Last month I took it on a 800 miles road trip and it was so enjoyable to drive. The gas mileage is also far better than I expected -- I am getting over 29 miles per gallon (combined highway/city).

Love Our Trekking!
By markj5362 on 02/21/14 19:09 PM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded in a 500 Sport to get a bit more space. Our Sport had 8,500 miles with zero problems. We now have 2500 miles on the L. Very well built. Both cars were ordered with the manual transmission which I think is a better option. The negative reviews all seem to be on cars with the auto/dual clutch trans. Combined mileage is 27.3-mostly around town. 33 mpg on highway.

Fantastic value and just plain fun to drive
By jabird101 on 02/16/14 14:56 PM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Wagon Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 500L in early July 2013. When I tried to insure it, Progressive had no rate for this vehicle. This is how early I got in on the 500L. After 7 months I am more than pleased with the performance, quality, economy and just plain fun. There have been reports of transmissions issues, and while there were some that had issues, this was caused by a faulty version of the controller software, and has since been corrected. Those affected became a very vocal group of three or four people who have plastered false info every where they can. This is proven by the 25,000 plus units with the DDCT, the tens of thousands of Dodge Dart DDCT units and the 100,000+ good units world wide.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 FIAT 500L Wagon in VA is:

$109 per month*