2014 FIAT 500L - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500L model:
Owned lots of cars- this is one of the best
By randall118 on 07/21/14 17:31 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've owned about 20 cars and trucks in my life and the 500L Trekking is one of the nicest vehicles I have owned. Nice design. comfortable, smooth ride. Fantastic pick up with the 6 spd. Trekking trim is really great. plenty of storage. The front side windshield windows make for great visibility. The only cons are the armrest is in the way of the hand brake. But it does fold up out of the way. And the driver side wiper does not lift up for easy window cleaning and snow clearing. You have to get the wipers in the "up" position and turn off the car so the wiper stays "up". Then you can lift it up off the window. That's an oddity.

Great car with Trekking collection 5
By kuk1 on 06/28/14 15:14 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have been driving it for a week now Pros: Excellent visibility 360° Great engine with turbo Awesome seats and tech features. Cons: None yet Wish: The headlights turned on when doors unlock

It's been a Great Car!
By steelg on 04/18/14 12:16 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I 've had the car since November of 2013. It's a Trekking with the 6 speed auto. I love the trans as it reacts like a manual without the fuss. I've had the computer flash done, but other than that no issues. I love the car. I've read all the complaints that other customers have been having and they have not arrived with my purchase.

11k miles and counting
By fazzster on 04/02/14 08:27 AM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Our L family hauler just turned 11k miles. The dual clutch transmission has performed flawlessly despite the recall for the reflash. The winter here in New England has been extremely cold yet we have none of the cold start issues some owners have reported. Warmer spring weather has brought 32-37mpg around town driving. The roads around here are very beat up yet the L remains solid and rattle free. Our family of 5 fits great and any extra luggage goes on the roof. The L is a great buy. Don't let the negative reviews turn you off. Though many are certainly legit, just keep in mind many people abuse their machines and are often the ones who cry the loudest.

Glad I Waited for Six Months to Review
By scrappy60 on 03/28/14 18:33 PM (PDT)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought a Fiat 500L Trekking in September 2013. To be honest, it took me quite awhile to get used to its rather quirky transmission -- and I have a manual!! The issue was the six gears and the need for a quick shift between first and second. But now that I have gotten used to how and when to shift, I am very happy with my purchase. This vehicle has all the features of the pricier Honda CRV at about 5K less -- and it looks better and handles better on the road. Last month I took it on a 800 miles road trip and it was so enjoyable to drive. The gas mileage is also far better than I expected -- I am getting over 29 miles per gallon (combined highway/city).

Love Our Trekking!
By markj5362 on 02/21/14 19:09 PM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Traded in a 500 Sport to get a bit more space. Our Sport had 8,500 miles with zero problems. We now have 2500 miles on the L. Very well built. Both cars were ordered with the manual transmission which I think is a better option. The negative reviews all seem to be on cars with the auto/dual clutch trans. Combined mileage is 27.3-mostly around town. 33 mpg on highway.

Fantastic value and just plain fun to drive
By jabird101 on 02/16/14 14:56 PM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased my 500L in early July 2013. When I tried to insure it, Progressive had no rate for this vehicle. This is how early I got in on the 500L. After 7 months I am more than pleased with the performance, quality, economy and just plain fun. There have been reports of transmissions issues, and while there were some that had issues, this was caused by a faulty version of the controller software, and has since been corrected. Those affected became a very vocal group of three or four people who have plastered false info every where they can. This is proven by the 25,000 plus units with the DDCT, the tens of thousands of Dodge Dart DDCT units and the 100,000+ good units world wide.

Fiat 500L Easy with Sunroof.
By evbruno on 02/14/14 01:07 AM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Easy 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We purchased a 500L Easy Rosso Perla with Red/Cementite Seats and sunroof at the end of 11/2014. I really enjoy the dual clutch transmission gives me the "manually feel" but I do not wear out my left knee in city traffic. The adjustability of steering column up/down in/out is excellent. The vehicle is mainly driven in the city we have done some highway driving one 3 hour trip and the ride was very comfortable. With the rear seats down I was able to get a 55 inch flat screen TV in the box with about 1'' to spare with length and width in to the 500L. The 500L has the Daytime running lights which I have enabled. The UConnect works well with my iPhone.

Dangerous Vehicle -- Do not consider buying
By valibertarian on 02/09/14 06:15 AM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Trekking 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I purchased a 500L Trekking for my wife three weeks ago. After the first week, we drove down the road and the transmission was locked in 2nd gear. It would not shift up or down -- even with auto stick. We had to pull over and shut the car off -- then it would not restart because it was locked in second gear. We were stranded on the side of the road. We eventually made it to the dealership and they gave us a 500L loaner -- the next day the same thing happened with it! Check the Fiat 500L forums and you'll find that this is a known and common issue. There are also multiple complaints with the NHTSA. Two weeks into the repair, there is no word on when we'll get the car back.

NEVER BUY FIAT!!
By mahmabear on 01/23/14 14:19 PM (PST)

2014 FIAT 500L Lounge 4dr Wagon (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I got the car, drove it home, very next day it didn't start. Took it to the shop, it said, "It's too cold for it here" (Northern Indiana)...Brought it back home, drove it for three days (300 miles) with starting issues...then it totally broke down. Wouldn't start, stereo was cutting out and blowers on the heater/air conditioner stopped working. Call for Fiat Roadside assistance, three times a day for 6!!!!! days until they finally came to get it. Towed it to the shop where it has sat for two weeks. I am getting the run around completely.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.