2013 FIAT 500e 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive Consumer Review - Go dog Go! 500e is

2013 FIAT 500e - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive)

Go dog Go! 500e is fun!
By johnnymo1 on

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

1500 miles on my 500e. Lease $200 month. $2500 total down, $2500 rebate from state of CA. Aero environment 220 charger installed today compliments of State of CA. Est monthly fuel cost to drive 1000 miles approx $35 per SMUD utility rep. 500e total car expenditure less than gas and routine maintenance alone on my MB C230...like winning a free car in a contest. Enough ACCT 101. This little thing is pretty fun. Very spunky and quick off the line. Easily separates from ICE cars off green lights. Great around town car or 2nd car. I drove it 95 miles very gently today and had 10% charge left. Aggressive driving style/high ac use will lower range - 70~75 miles ?

Favorite Features

Retro styling, very good dash display. useful smartphone app, orange trimmed interior. Surprisingly calm and steady freeway road manners. (600 extra lbs of batteries helps there). Back seat more functional for passengers than I expected. Have taken family outings with no complaints. Also my 16 yr old Son inherited the C230 kompressor but keeps bugging me to let him drive the 500e!!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo weak. tomtom plugin location is a joke. Seats little on firm side. No arm rest on passenger side. Needs telescope steering wheel.