2013 FIAT 500e Consumer Review: Blast to drive

2013 FIAT 500e - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive)

Blast to drive
By bradmtb on

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Leased a black model without sunroof in mid-October. With the $2500 the state air resource board is sending me, the net lease cost is about $180/month. I was spending $160 in my Tundra on gas each month. I leased this car for the HOV sticker, and it's priceless. The car is quick off the line, and it surprised me how much acceleration power it has at most speeds under 50mph. I'm 6'4", and fit not problem. The rear seats only fit kids. It's been freezing weather in NoCal for the past two weeks, so my range has been reduced due to heater and seat warmer on high. My commute is 28 miles round trip, so I can get by plugging it in every other day with the stock charge plug (110v). Luv it!

Quickness. I can spin the tires if I punch the gas peddle. TomTom Navigation is portable, but mounts on dash. 12 month free subscription to Sirrius satellite radio is cool. And 12 days of free car rentals is an extra bonus feature (worth $540)

Could use more legroom in backseat. Longer range. Rubber air dam on front scrapes the ground when I come off my driveway or over speed bumps (at least it's flexible).