Used 2013 FIAT 500e Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Fiat 500e - Consumer Reviews

2013 FIAT 500e

Base 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (4 reviews )

Go dog Go! 500e is fun!
By johnnymo1

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

1500 miles on my 500e. Lease $200 month. $2500 total down, $2500 rebate from state of CA. Aero environment 220 charger installed today compliments of State of CA. Est monthly fuel cost to drive 1000 miles approx $35 per SMUD utility rep. 500e total car expenditure less than gas and routine maintenance alone on my MB C230...like winning a free car in a contest. Enough ACCT 101. This little thing is pretty fun. Very spunky and quick off the line. Easily separates from ICE cars off green lights. Great around town car or 2nd car. I drove it 95 miles very gently today and had 10% charge left. Aggressive driving style/high ac use will lower range - 70~75 miles ?

Favorite Features

Retro styling, very good dash display. useful smartphone app, orange trimmed interior. Surprisingly calm and steady freeway road manners. (600 extra lbs of batteries helps there). Back seat more functional for passengers than I expected. Have taken family outings with no complaints. Also my 16 yr old Son inherited the C230 kompressor but keeps bugging me to let him drive the 500e!!

Suggested Improvements

Stereo weak. tomtom plugin location is a joke. Seats little on firm side. No arm rest on passenger side. Needs telescope steering wheel.

Great little car
By pelegri

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We bought the car rather than lease it and overall we are very happy with it. The rear seats are very usable except for tall people but we use normally keep the rear seats down. Very zippy; excellent acceleration, specially 0 to 50. I regularly get over 85 highway miles from each charge but YMMV: less if you have the A/C on, more in the city or if you drive less aggressively than me I've driven the gas 500 (not the abarth) and the 500e is significantly more fun than it. We had to deal with the half-shaft recall and some additional teething problems but the fundamentals (electric engine, inverter, battery) all look very good. The car deserves the awards it has received recently.

Favorite Features

Instant torque. Comfy seats. Good handling. External and internal design.

Suggested Improvements

A 150+ range. Steering wheel with reach adjustability (already has tilting). Support for the new SAE Combo Fast Charging standard. Work with other car companies to make more chargers available around the country.

Blast to drive
By bradmtb

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Leased a black model without sunroof in mid-October. With the $2500 the state air resource board is sending me, the net lease cost is about $180/month. I was spending $160 in my Tundra on gas each month. I leased this car for the HOV sticker, and it's priceless. The car is quick off the line, and it surprised me how much acceleration power it has at most speeds under 50mph. I'm 6'4", and fit not problem. The rear seats only fit kids. It's been freezing weather in NoCal for the past two weeks, so my range has been reduced due to heater and seat warmer on high. My commute is 28 miles round trip, so I can get by plugging it in every other day with the stock charge plug (110v). Luv it!

Favorite Features

Quickness. I can spin the tires if I punch the gas peddle. TomTom Navigation is portable, but mounts on dash. 12 month free subscription to Sirrius satellite radio is cool. And 12 days of free car rentals is an extra bonus feature (worth $540)

Suggested Improvements

Could use more legroom in backseat. Longer range. Rubber air dam on front scrapes the ground when I come off my driveway or over speed bumps (at least it's flexible).

Fiat 500E rocks!
By bbergholdt

2013 FIAT 500e 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Just leased this. Really impressed with fit, finish and fun to drive performance! Easy to exceed rated MPGe. With sweet lease deal, total cost of car is less than I was spending on gasoline alone, each month. Range is OK, better than others except Tesla and Volt. Getting by with included slooow 120V charge device, others may desire $800 optional fast charger. Costs $1 per day for electricity to drive 40 miles, previous vehicle was $10 per day for gas. Very impressive car, hope future models offer extended range and lower cost batteries. My SUV will last forever, now parked except when needed!

Favorite Features

Loaded features, hard to pick one-- Bluetooth phone, heated seats, Sat radio...

Suggested Improvements

Yikes! Slams itself into park if you turn off key while still rolling slowly--- this is a recall/safety problem for sure! Tires noisy, can't help it-- super quiet and it's all you hear! A bit rough riding, but the wheelbase is only a bit longer than my dog...