2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Review: Love the retro Pop!

2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Review

Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love the retro Pop!
By linfletch on

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 months of ownership, I can tell you great things about my blue green Pop. It's retro styling is so fun--it makes me smile every time I see it. I love the manual transmission; it is fun to drive and very fuel efficient. I average 36.5 mpg combined, and reached 44mpg using premium gas on a highway only trip. I am still evaluating using premium gas in town, but performance is definitely worth it for a highway trip. The seats are comfortable, and I love all the manual climate control. The bluetooth works well from both front seats. The standard audio system is really good and versatile. There is good headroom without a sunroof for taller drivers.

Styling, fun to drive, economical to operate and great value for the money. The Pop is easy to get in and out of and front seats are not low like a sports car. This is an important consideration as I age.

I'd love to be able to use Pandora, phone navigation, and Overdrive to listen to audio books without using a hard wire attached to my phone.
By texguy63
on 02/24/14 11:01 AM (PST)

You should always use the Recommended Fuel Type that's stated in your Owner's Manual. If it says you can use a range of octane, then good, if it states only one octane, use always use only that octane or higher to get better performance from your engine and saves on wear and tear.