Buyer Beware: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth first year
By furys on
2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
It stalls often and is disabled on the road. I called Fiat of Denver Service only to discover Fiat won't look at it for over a week, with no loaner cars. I was told only Fiat dealers will work on them now -- not other nearby Chrysler dealerships. It's not like there are any close to home. We had high hopes for Fiat but are sadly as disappointed. Too much fear, uncertainty and doubt to risk considering the brand again. So sadly we can no longer confidently refer or recommend a dangerous Fiat.
Favorite Features
Since it's a turbo I keep it full with only premium fuel and synthetic oil. It only has 16K miles. Our $27,000 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth used to be fun to drive. has been slow to start for the past month (before the recent cold weather). We have to pump the gas pedal to start it, it's slow to accelerate, sluggish and not fast at all anymore. Since it's a turbo I keep it full with only premium fuel and synthetic oil. It only has 16K miles.
Suggested Improvements
Has been slow to start for the past month (before the recent cold weather). We have to pump the gas pedal to start it, it's slow to accelerate, sluggish and not fast at all anymore. We almost traded it last month for a Fiat 500L. At least it looks new. Maybe we can trade this weekend for another brand, if it starts.