2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Review: Ask the man who has owned all

2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Review

Ask the man who has owned all three...
By sruczko on

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd be writing this review, but I am. I traded my 2012 Pop (which I loved) for a 2013 Abarth, figuring more is always better. In my case, this turned out not to be true. The Abarth is a very cool car, but in real world daily driving it was just too much for this old guy. The heavy controls, harsh ride (on the optional 17 inch wheels), and painful seats did me in and I traded it for a 2013 Sport after a brief ownership experience. The Sport works better as a real world daily driver and has more than enough upgrades to justify picking it over a Pop. I'm very pleased with my decision.

IMO the Sport has the best seats offered by FIAT, at least if you are tall (6'5") like me. All the fun of driving a slow car fast - willing engine, good brakes, wonderful clutch and shifter, excellent seating position. It is a keeper. All the style and fun you could want in a car at this price point.

A 1.6 liter engine might be fun but maybe I'm just suffering some Abarth withdrawal symptoms. I just hope FIAT doesn't mess the 500 up with too many "improvements" because I want to buy another one when my Sport wears out.