Used 2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

I love my FIat!
By SNewman

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my little yellow Fiat since October 2013 and have 37,000 miles on her, having driven across country twice. Everyone is amazed at the amount of stuff the little car can carry! The only problem I have had, head lights sprung a leak and CDs get stuck in the player. I have wanted one since seeing one in Italy 15 years ago. When my Toyota 4 Runner with 200,000 miles decided to die, I bought my Fiat. A very happy Fiat owner.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By cathi30

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

By FAR the worst car I have ever owned. From the day I drove it off the lot it had nothing but problems. Steering column replaced twice because of thump when i turned the car, struts and strut mounts replaced, starter replaced 3 times, both regulators broke on power windows, same headlight burned out at LEAST a dozen times, wheel bearings replaced twice, jounce bumpers replaced twice and never resolved the issue,broken shock, exhaust kept loosening up,never resolved. The final straw was after only having 11k miles on it the tires needed replacing because of all of the issues ruined them and Fiat did nothing to remedy. Traded the car after 20 months w/11k miles and only got $7500. DO NOT BUY

none, the car was a joke

everything about this car needs improvement. I traded it after 20 months because I was tired of it being in the shop with 11k miles for a Honda Civic. I HATED this car

Love my 2013 Fiat
By ddmarre

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When i purchased my Fiat new in 2013 i did not know much about this car but saw it online went to get it...i have the guacamole green and i am so happy with its performance. I have had a Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Mitsubishi, and Saturn...but this is the BEST car i have ever purchased. The turbo button for highway driving is awesome. My Fiat is so quick, i always have cars or trucks! Race me...i win at take off! I only have 14k on my car and i have gone to Vegas and Sedona twice...great on gas!

Leather seats, bluetooth,tomtom, and gas mileage

Wish i had a screen for my tomtom

2013 Fiat Sport Manual Black on Black w/Leather Seats
By packers14

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this little beauty new on 12/29/13, so we have owned it now for 15 months. The wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". We both fit comfortably whether driving or riding. The wife is the primary driver and loves everything about this car, the look (with the chrome appearance package) the acceleration (with the manual), the ride comfort (with the leather seating), the upright seating position for a great all around view, and the wonderful handling. The Sport model is the Fiat 500 to get. The Sport model offers much better handling than the Pop model, but does not diminish ride comfort, especially when the leather seating upgrade is included. Also, huge difference with "stick" vs "auto".

After driving the Pop, the Sport, and then a Sport model with a leather seating upgrade option, we decided that we wanted three things for sure if we were going to purchase the Fiat 500, the Sport model, the manual transmission, and the leather seating option. The wife was also interested in the sun roof, but I was leaning more toward the Beats audio system upgrade option. Besides, the sun roof lowered the interior ceiling height, so we went with the Beats. We found the exact combo of items we wanted, at a dealer in WV (Charleston), and at a great deal ($19k out the door with 0% int. for 60 months). We have had the car for over a year and the wife loves her little Fiat more each day.

Reachability of seat belts when first trying to grab them after getting in car.

Italian Tardis
By Michael Gagliano

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2013 with 7k miles and an automatic transmission and use it as our "fun" car for my daily work commute. We've got 4 kids and our other car is a minivan so this Fiat is a much needed injection of small car sprightliness and tossable fun. Great commuter car. I am amazed at how much "bigger on the inside" (for the Dr Who fans) it feels compared to how it looks from outside. Perhaps it's the tallness of the cabin but the front 2 seats are plenty big for adults, comfortable and well supported. Plus I just like that it's small. I've owned an SUV and it always felt like I was carrying around a bunch of extra space back there. Not so with this.

The interior design is modern - it's a comfortable seating position and you can plug a USB drive into the slot in the glove compartment and listen to your mp3s easily. I like how light the car is and fun to drive, accelerates well. I would definitely recommend the automatic, makes stop and go traffic easy and you can still shift through the 5 gears like a manual. Plus while researching the car I noticed the manual seems to be the source of most of the grief from owners with maintenance issues. I haven't had any. Well made car, everything feels carefully though out.

Bumper strips along the sides on each door would be nice to protect against parking lot dings. Perhaps a small Espresso machine in the dash?