2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
2014 500 Pop
By domino14 on 05/20/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the 5-speed Fiat 500 for a few weeks now and so far I am happy. My main concern in getting this car was the quality - but getting a warranty with it eased the pain. When driving alone or in a big city: this is the car to have. It has prominent strengths and weaknesses.This car is not meant for offroad, mountain, or utility driving. It dominates normal streets and freeways though with small size, agility, and economy.

Amazing car for the money
By grizzinwi on 02/15/14 21:42 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very pleased the Fiat 500 Sport thus far. Very comfortable for my 6' frame despite its diminutive size along with better ease of ingress/egress than its rivals. Handles well and is surefooted in snow. Fits in parking spots others won't. Feature rich- AM/FM/CD power windows, a/c, heated mirrors, fog lights, cruise, automatic door locks, Bluetooth and alloy wheels are standard. Excellent fit and finish. Current incentives for 2013 models make the 500 a steal. This is one small car that doesn't feel like a penalty box. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

Love the retro Pop!
By linfletch on 01/09/14 18:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 months of ownership, I can tell you great things about my blue green Pop. It's retro styling is so fun--it makes me smile every time I see it. I love the manual transmission; it is fun to drive and very fuel efficient. I average 36.5 mpg combined, and reached 44mpg using premium gas on a highway only trip. I am still evaluating using premium gas in town, but performance is definitely worth it for a highway trip. The seats are comfortable, and I love all the manual climate control. The bluetooth works well from both front seats. The standard audio system is really good and versatile. There is good headroom without a sunroof for taller drivers.

A Very Happy Experience
By mefitzpat on 11/09/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having had my Fiat 500 for two months, I feel that I know the car well, and can comment on it. This car replaced a turbo diesel car, so needing fast acceleration was not a requirement. The first week of ownership, I put mine and my wife's road bikes on the back and took off on a thousand mile drive to participate in a week long bike ride in Northern Idaho. We had to cross the continental divide, and drive over many types of roads. This car has extremely comfortable seats, and except for the extreme climbs, has enough power. We averaged 35 mpg, for the trip. Since then, it is averaging 35-39 mpg with mostly city driving. We have had no problems, great a/c, and no rattles. Love this CAR

Truly is more fun to the gallon!
By barbinwoods on 09/09/13 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2010 Prius for my 2013 FIAT Pop four-dr hatchback. Bright Yellow. I loved the Prius but did not care for the Service Dept for Toyota in my area. Happy to not have to return to them. My FIAT has six-gears Automatic transmission. It has a Sport Mode button. I live in a hilly region of AR and appreciate the sports-car feel of my FIAT 500. Attended a FIAT Rally recently with 22 FIAT 500's. Great time on mountainous roads! Staff from Landers in Benton AR made it all the more fun. I highly recommend both the car and the people from Landers.

Lotsa! FUN!
By bwbroo on 05/23/13 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good (great) driving car. A pleasure to drive. I have the basic model and still it has quite abit extra's. I'am a driver and like the fun of driving a solid steering car. This one goes from a regular driving car to a Ferrari when the sports button is engaged/push at the console. Great for curvy roads and parking lots or anytime. On the hwy I leave it regular mode and just cruise. Did I tell you it has cruise control too. Anyway don't push the OMG button unless - are you experienced - (Hendrix) I have the auto transmission and this is great. I'am 60 and this shifts a lot in the sports mode (OMG). There you have it.

C'mon it's lot's of fun
By thunderbird59 on 05/15/13 14:37 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am an old dude 53, I have a Light seafoam green with ivory interior 2013 500 pop 5 speed with a sunroof , alum wheels, and beats stereo , on top of all the other goodies that just come standard on this car . It rocks , fun , fast , stable, quiet , I've owned one of just about everything over the years from Pintos to Porsches , literally. This is hands down one of my favorites. My only complaint is that the turbo doesn't come in ANY color I want! after 11,000 miles in just under 3 months not a single problem , rattle , or squeak . Maybe I bite the bullet and go for an Orange Turbo at the end of the year, anything but silver or grey . I'm sick of seeing silver cars .

2103 Pop 10 day review
By grepthis on 04/11/13 04:50 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my 2013 10 days ago. I'm impressed and very excited. The value of the Pop for the money cannot be overstated. After researching many used cars and new I was thrilled to pay $15,560 out-the-door for a new car with 4 year warranty, comfortable ride, fun ride, cruise control, power windows, usb, bluetooth... It does great on freeways and curvy roads. The Sport button is especially fun on the curvy roads. Parking and maneuvering is great. Excellent gas mileage - exceeds the 31-40 mpg ratings. The car meets the needs and satisfies the wants. The engine delivers. I pulled the rear headrests and keep the rear seat down and enjoy the open space in the back.

Ask the man who has owned all three...
By sruczko on 03/01/13 03:23 AM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd be writing this review, but I am. I traded my 2012 Pop (which I loved) for a 2013 Abarth, figuring more is always better. In my case, this turned out not to be true. The Abarth is a very cool car, but in real world daily driving it was just too much for this old guy. The heavy controls, harsh ride (on the optional 17 inch wheels), and painful seats did me in and I traded it for a 2013 Sport after a brief ownership experience. The Sport works better as a real world daily driver and has more than enough upgrades to justify picking it over a Pop. I'm very pleased with my decision.

Pop
By pdspgh on 02/12/13 18:40 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was going to buy another Mazda, but my local Dealer low balled me on my trade. Went to the local Fiat dealer, I had been wanting to test drive the 500. Got a great deal on a 2012 Pop, wanted a 2012 Sport, ut they didnot have any left. I had the car for little over a month. It is fun to drive, with the 5 speed, I would not get the automatic if you are buying one with base engine. Tha gas mileage is good. I called l and got the complete Owners Manuels for the car. The car is smarter than I am... At the end of this model year I might have to buy the Turbo Model...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 FIAT 500 Hatchback in VA is:

$166 per month*