2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth - Consumer Reviews

Abarth 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )
2013 Abarth manual - highest fun/$
By paul_abarth on 03/23/15 09:47 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You have to try it.. you may love or hate it - but it really is a fun car for 'enthusiast' drivers. Great value, provided you don't pay the MSRP (I got mine (with 3 year tire insurance - which I already used once for a repair) for 19K US$ + tax with end of year discounts of 6K.) Was considering other small/light 'fun' cars such as the Mini/Mazda Mx5/BRZ-FRS, but for similar performance/features it would be 10K more, anyway, I just kind of fell in love with it after a test drive. With the 17-inch wheels and P-zero tires this light weight car feels fast and nimble, not always stable on the edge. Provided you keep it in the mid-rev range the torque is strong and turbo lag is not an issue.

Do NOT buy this Car!!!!
By ray2172 on 01/23/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a 2013 Abarth. I will start on a High note and say that it is a Blast to drive, sounds great, and is an amazing small performance car. Now for the bad! I bought mine used with 4100 miles on it for about $10000 less than a brand new one, $27,500 sticker price. This should have been a sign that they don't hold their value at all. I missed having a larger car and wanted to trade it in, they offered $14,000 trade in with 6000 miles on it. Now with 16,700 miles on it I have had a brand new radiator put in it and have an appointment for a speedometer that stopped working today! Do yourself a favor and by a Honda Civic Si,VW GTi or Ford ST! I wish I had taken my own Advise!

Great niche car...think before you buy
By holmgren on 01/16/15 14:21 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Up front I'll say that I love this car and it is great for my needs. But this is absolutely a niche vehicle that is lots of fun as a run-about but gives up a lot in utility/flexibility. There is no way I would have bought this as an only car in the household--something like a GTI would make way more sense or a Focus ST if you wanted more edginess. That said, I felt the Abarth had way more character, was more fun, and was more unique for a hot hatch. It feels a more raw and simple than the competition--which I like. It gets me to work every day, puts a smile on my face when I drive it, gets good gas mileage, and for short trips fits a family of three and groceries for a couple of days.

In love with my lil Veleno
By juniperjackal on 09/18/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was considering a Mini or an MX5 around the time the Fiat came back to the US. I purchased a Fiat 500 Sport instead. It was not a complete dog like the regular mini cooper and I loved the extra space that the MX5 did not have. I can go to the grocery store in the Fiat! About 9 months ago I purchased an Abarth. Best idea I ever had. I have a 45 minute commute each way in traffic. The car zips in and out of traffic and I have had no mechanical problems. I have driven many of my friends Mini S, which cost a lot more (I paid $19,000 for new Abarth at year end clearance sale). Abarth drives so much better and the sound is spectacular. The sport button turns the car into a monster. :)

Fun little beasty
By rosso14abarth on 06/07/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When Fiat left the US market oh so long ago, I was not happy. By that time I had owned a very used 128 wagon, a new X-1/9 and then a new 131 Brava. Each one a wonderful little car....as long as you loved sporting little Italian designed automobiles. I did, and I do, so I was thrilled when Fiat returned to our market. Then, when they tossed in the Abarth engineering along with a Turbo and strengthened trans, equal length half-shafts etc. I knew I was going to own a Fiat again. Hooray, because I own one now. This Abarth is truly a fun car to drive. Sure, it has quirks, but like Fiats of old, they are endearing to a "Driver".

AWESOME FUN MY LITTLE TIGER
By cynthia25 on 05/28/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Abarth is ultimately more fun than my old mustang or Z a little power house that doesn't shy away from a fight love the engine growl and the kick more room than you think awesome bang for the buck . Fun the most fun than any car I have ever own worth every penny a pleasure to drive.

From Pop to this little monster
By hb1578 on 01/04/14 12:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Why I like this car? because I'm a Scorpius, Why I get this car? because I'm a Scorpius, and why I keep this car? because it's a scorpion. Scorpius people always like choose something that others usually don't, many of my friends don't understand why I get a little car like this? but, why would I get a corolla? this little Abarth, it's small, it's easy to park in the city, it's mean, it's fun, it's fast, it growl like a super car(on the happy meal menu), it's full of excitement, it's characteristic. I enjoy driving it everyday without worry about finding parking space(I live in SF, you know what I mean if you've been here). The customer service is excellent in SF and San Jose dealer.

Buyer Beware: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth first year
By furys on 12/12/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It stalls often and is disabled on the road. I called Fiat of Denver Service only to discover Fiat won't look at it for over a week, with no loaner cars. I was told only Fiat dealers will work on them now -- not other nearby Chrysler dealerships. It's not like there are any close to home. We had high hopes for Fiat but are sadly as disappointed. Too much fear, uncertainty and doubt to risk considering the brand again. So sadly we can no longer confidently refer or recommend a dangerous Fiat.

If you're a real "driver" get one
By bircken on 04/16/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As I said in the title, if you enjoy driving and take it seriously, get one. I was very pleased with my 500 Sport (35000 mi) but longed for a bit more 'oomph' to play with. It's handling and overall demeanor was really good and involving but getting up to speed was lacking. Enter the Abarth. As someone else stated in a previous review, the many changes made to the car to cope with the added power turned it into a different animal. The power is there, the steering more direct, the brakes (helped by the 17"tires) are like hitting a wall, the shifting is more direct and positive. Short of driving a race kart on the streets, this is 'it'. You just have to hear the engine fire up. Love it!

Best car ever
By perrusquiald on 03/28/13 16:07 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have before a 500 sport for 2 years and 3 weeks ago I trade it with 14k miles for the abarth 2013. Fun factor is there every day I drive it. Sales person at the fiat dealer in cary was the best. I was looking at the mini s and the new subaru Brz. The abarth is the best value for the money.