2013 FIAT 500 Abarth - Consumer Reviews

Abarth 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
Fun little beasty
By rosso14abarth on 06/07/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When Fiat left the US market oh so long ago, I was not happy. By that time I had owned a very used 128 wagon, a new X-1/9 and then a new 131 Brava. Each one a wonderful little car....as long as you loved sporting little Italian designed automobiles. I did, and I do, so I was thrilled when Fiat returned to our market. Then, when they tossed in the Abarth engineering along with a Turbo and strengthened trans, equal length half-shafts etc. I knew I was going to own a Fiat again. Hooray, because I own one now. This Abarth is truly a fun car to drive. Sure, it has quirks, but like Fiats of old, they are endearing to a "Driver".

AWESOME FUN MY LITTLE TIGER
By cynthia25 on 05/28/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Abarth is ultimately more fun than my old mustang or Z a little power house that doesn't shy away from a fight love the engine growl and the kick more room than you think awesome bang for the buck . Fun the most fun than any car I have ever own worth every penny a pleasure to drive.

From Pop to this little monster
By hb1578 on 01/04/14 12:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Why I like this car? because I'm a Scorpius, Why I get this car? because I'm a Scorpius, and why I keep this car? because it's a scorpion. Scorpius people always like choose something that others usually don't, many of my friends don't understand why I get a little car like this? but, why would I get a corolla? this little Abarth, it's small, it's easy to park in the city, it's mean, it's fun, it's fast, it growl like a super car(on the happy meal menu), it's full of excitement, it's characteristic. I enjoy driving it everyday without worry about finding parking space(I live in SF, you know what I mean if you've been here). The customer service is excellent in SF and San Jose dealer.

Buyer Beware: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth first year
By furys on 12/12/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It stalls often and is disabled on the road. I called Fiat of Denver Service only to discover Fiat won't look at it for over a week, with no loaner cars. I was told only Fiat dealers will work on them now -- not other nearby Chrysler dealerships. It's not like there are any close to home. We had high hopes for Fiat but are sadly as disappointed. Too much fear, uncertainty and doubt to risk considering the brand again. So sadly we can no longer confidently refer or recommend a dangerous Fiat.

If you're a real "driver" get one
By bircken on 04/16/13 19:22 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

As I said in the title, if you enjoy driving and take it seriously, get one. I was very pleased with my 500 Sport (35000 mi) but longed for a bit more 'oomph' to play with. It's handling and overall demeanor was really good and involving but getting up to speed was lacking. Enter the Abarth. As someone else stated in a previous review, the many changes made to the car to cope with the added power turned it into a different animal. The power is there, the steering more direct, the brakes (helped by the 17"tires) are like hitting a wall, the shifting is more direct and positive. Short of driving a race kart on the streets, this is 'it'. You just have to hear the engine fire up. Love it!

Best car ever
By perrusquiald on 03/28/13 16:07 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have before a 500 sport for 2 years and 3 weeks ago I trade it with 14k miles for the abarth 2013. Fun factor is there every day I drive it. Sales person at the fiat dealer in cary was the best. I was looking at the mini s and the new subaru Brz. The abarth is the best value for the money.

From Pop to Abarth
By sruczko on 01/27/13 02:46 AM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2012 Pop was a wonderful car and I enjoyed getting into it every day but I knew in the back of my mind that an Abarth would eventually end up in my garage. I waited for the 2013 model to arrive and then I went for a test drive - don't do this unless you are ready to buy one. The Abarth is everything I liked about the Pop raised to the tenth power. Comparing the Abarth to the Pop is like comparing an Alpina to a base 3 series BMW - you know the cars are related, but so many components have been upgraded that it is a completely different car. If you appreciate what FIAT has accomplished with the 500 you are going to love the Abarth.

Hardcore Hatchback!
By rreichar on 12/08/12 20:04 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fiat was a sponsor of the US Grand Prix in Austin and had some Abarths on display. I really liked the look of the thing. Nice interior but not as quirky as a Mini Cooper. For such a tiny car it just looked mean. A week later I test drove one. I decided that buying the car just didn't make sense for me. A week later I bought one. Sense had nothing to do with it. This car is loud, raw and rides like an ox cart. It is also FUN! I traded in the best car I ever owned, a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI, that averaged 40 mpg. The Abarth seats look great but hurt my back. The shifter is rubbery. It could use a sixth gear. It only holds 10 gallons of gas. Go drive one. You will either get it or not....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth in VA is:

$146 per month*