Used 2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

FIAT Brand makes you feel foolish
By Joe

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It will need to be repaired and don't expect a quick repair or a loaner. Once you buy you are are on your own, they are in no hurry to fix leaving you with the responsibility solely for making a bad decision to buy an infamously poor brand. Had electronic steering repaired several times (4) and at one time had to wait for a bolt to come in that wasn't included with the replacement part- 13 days. No offer for a loaner, no apologies- and was told "off-the-record" by one of the Chrysler dealer van drivers to get rid of it before 50K miles. "You don't want that thing after the warranty is out! " They consistently make you feel like a fool for buying/leasing a Fiat by not offering to service quick, comfortably or with a loaner. The theme of the "fool that bought a Fiat" continued to the last day of ownership when I called the local dealer (Ramsey) to return the car. The first question I was asked if it was where I bought/leased the car, I replied "no" I bought at a dealer 40 miles away (since moved). He (later found out he was a Chrysler guy) said that he only accepted "his own" customers. I replied I was a customer particularly since all my service and fixes for frequent repairs was done at his dealership. He hung up on me and I wound up driving 40 miles to return the car. Sad part is that had he not interrupted me by asking where I bought the car I would have asked him when the Alfa Romero Sedan (April?) was coming out as I would have considered holding the Fiat a couple more months until it was available for sale. I happily wound up with a new Lexus IS. Signed- Former Fiat customer. 1982 Fiat Spider 2000 Pininfarina (first Fiat) 2013 Fiat 500T (last Fiat) (RIP) Flushed any remaining loyalty out of my foolish system.

dont do it!
By Tim Humphries

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2013 pop.struts @ 6000,tires replaced @ 6000at my cost (firestone bulges),struts @ 13000,headlights @ 17000,now @ 18000 alt bad,it gos to dealer every other week,got 0% @60 months,its only worth 5000 less than i owe after 2 years,other things have gone wrong,i just didnt list.by far the worst car i have ever owned,the only car ive had that you can feel falling apart .im a old guy,i bought my first new car in 1978.its either the dealer service dept thats bad or bad engineering from the start,no problem with engine or trans,everything else falls apart,dealer thinks im pickey,i bought a fusion shortly after the fiat due to accident with other car,its never been back for factory f ups and now has 35000 mi,i may pay 5000 to get rid of it,dont buy a black pop it may have been my wifes car

Never again
By Sarah Bennet

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Everything is falling apart from the inside out. I have already needed a new clutch, fuel pump, and steering column. Worst car ever. Loved it in the begining....... great on gas and fun to drive. BUT NEVER would i recomend this to ANYONE. Oh yeah i have under 30,000 miles on this. I'm going to feel terible even selling this to someone.

I love my fiat
By John Schmitt

2013 FIAT 500 C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiat in January of 2014 and have put just over 22,000 miles on it. I love the drop top which I can drop going up to 50 mph and my gas mileage is at 40.2-I drive 30% city and 70% road. I live in the upper Great Lakes and this little bulldog is surprisingly good in snow, plus witth heated seats I can drop my top and watch the snow fall inside my cabin!

Piece of crap car!
By leah

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Horrible car!! DO NOT BUY!! i have 22K miles on it and my turbo stopped working, in addition both my windows motors broke. Worst car ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SUV