Used 2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Happy Fiat owner
By Leonard Pelly

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car is a little noisie as far as road noise
Other than that it has lots of head room and surprising room to carry things.

Disappointed
By 2013 Fiat Owner

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm so disappointed in my 2013 Fiat 500 POP. We have enjoyed the car for three-years. In the last few months, we noticed a ticking noise on the right side when the car is in motion so we bring it to Fiat of Manhattan for a check-up. I'm told the entire bottom of the car, including all the rims, are bent - as if the car bottomed-out - resulting in a repair cost of ~$3K. I live in NYC, purchased the car from Fiat of Manhattan. 90 percent of my driving takes place in NYC. I try to avoid potholes when possible - which are everywhere on our NY roads - and I've never hit one that made me say, oops, that broke my car. Now, the Fiat is absolutely horrible when it comes to any bumps. They all feel like you're getting hit by a cement truck. But for a three-year old car that hasn't experienced anything other than driving in NY, I'm astounded that the car wasn't built properly to handle what any other car can. So now we're worried that another three-years from now, we'll be doing this all over again because of a faulty, or cheaply made undercarriage. This makes me sad. I want to love my Fiat, but I'm so angry at the manufactures for marketing a car for city living but not backing it up with the framework of a vehicle that can endure city roads. Boo.

Beware, Fiat is unreliable (2013 Fiat Abarth)
By p.f.sorensen

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I drove this car for 2 years and there is a problem with the rear axle. it is impossible to align the rear tires and the rear tires need to be replaced frequently due to wear. i replaced the tires at 20K miles and at 32K miles in spite of rotating the wheels.
Fiat provided shims to try to correct the problem but the problem got worse after the shims were installed.
I started to have a problem with the shifting. It was a manual transmission and it became very hard to shift. i traded it for a 2015 mini cooper s and i just love the mini. it handles so much better than the fiat, it's much more stable. the Fiat swayed on uneven pavement. The acceleration on the Fiat is poor. the mini is so much more responsive and energetic.
The Fiat mechanics were nice young guys but they seemed in way over their heads and clueless.

FIAT Brand makes you feel foolish
By Joe

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It will need to be repaired and don't expect a quick repair or a loaner. Once you buy you are are on your own, they are in no hurry to fix leaving you with the responsibility solely for making a bad decision to buy an infamously poor brand. Had electronic steering repaired several times (4) and at one time had to wait for a bolt to come in that wasn't included with the replacement part- 13 days. No offer for a loaner, no apologies- and was told "off-the-record" by one of the Chrysler dealer van drivers to get rid of it before 50K miles. "You don't want that thing after the warranty is out! "

They consistently make you feel like a fool for buying/leasing a Fiat by not offering to service quick, comfortably or with a loaner.

The theme of the "fool that bought a Fiat" continued to the last day of ownership when I called the local dealer (Ramsey) to return the car. The first question I was asked if it was where I bought/leased the car, I replied "no" I bought at a dealer 40 miles away (since moved). He (later found out he was a Chrysler guy) said that he only accepted "his own" customers. I replied I was a customer particularly since all my service and fixes for frequent repairs was done at his dealership. He hung up on me and I wound up driving 40 miles to return the car.

Sad part is that had he not interrupted me by asking where I bought the car I would have asked him when the Alfa Romero Sedan (April?) was coming out as I would have considered holding the Fiat a couple more months until it was available for sale. I happily wound up with a new Lexus IS.

Signed- Former Fiat customer.

1982 Fiat Spider 2000 Pininfarina (first Fiat)
2013 Fiat 500T (last Fiat)
(RIP)

Flushed any remaining loyalty out of my foolish system.

dont do it!
By Tim Humphries

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2013 pop.struts @ 6000,tires replaced @ 6000at my cost (firestone bulges),struts @ 13000,headlights @ 17000,now @ 18000 alt bad,it gos to dealer every other week,got 0% @60 months,its only worth 5000 less than i owe after 2 years,other things have gone wrong,i just didnt list.by far the worst car i have ever owned,the only car ive had that you can feel falling apart .im a old guy,i bought my first new car in 1978.its either the dealer service dept thats bad or bad engineering from the start,no problem with engine or trans,everything else falls apart,dealer thinks im pickey,i bought a fusion shortly after the fiat due to accident with other car,its never been back for factory f ups and now has 35000 mi,i may pay 5000 to get rid of it,dont buy a black pop it may have been my wifes car