2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
In love with my lil Veleno
By juniperjackal on 09/18/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was considering a Mini or an MX5 around the time the Fiat came back to the US. I purchased a Fiat 500 Sport instead. It was not a complete dog like the regular mini cooper and I loved the extra space that the MX5 did not have. I can go to the grocery store in the Fiat! About 9 months ago I purchased an Abarth. Best idea I ever had. I have a 45 minute commute each way in traffic. The car zips in and out of traffic and I have had no mechanical problems. I have driven many of my friends Mini S, which cost a lot more (I paid $19,000 for new Abarth at year end clearance sale). Abarth drives so much better and the sound is spectacular. The sport button turns the car into a monster. :)

Fun little beasty
By rosso14abarth on 06/07/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When Fiat left the US market oh so long ago, I was not happy. By that time I had owned a very used 128 wagon, a new X-1/9 and then a new 131 Brava. Each one a wonderful little car....as long as you loved sporting little Italian designed automobiles. I did, and I do, so I was thrilled when Fiat returned to our market. Then, when they tossed in the Abarth engineering along with a Turbo and strengthened trans, equal length half-shafts etc. I knew I was going to own a Fiat again. Hooray, because I own one now. This Abarth is truly a fun car to drive. Sure, it has quirks, but like Fiats of old, they are endearing to a "Driver".

AWESOME FUN MY LITTLE TIGER
By cynthia25 on 05/28/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Abarth is ultimately more fun than my old mustang or Z a little power house that doesn't shy away from a fight love the engine growl and the kick more room than you think awesome bang for the buck . Fun the most fun than any car I have ever own worth every penny a pleasure to drive.

2014 500 Pop
By domino14 on 05/20/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the 5-speed Fiat 500 for a few weeks now and so far I am happy. My main concern in getting this car was the quality - but getting a warranty with it eased the pain. When driving alone or in a big city: this is the car to have. It has prominent strengths and weaknesses.This car is not meant for offroad, mountain, or utility driving. It dominates normal streets and freeways though with small size, agility, and economy.

Amazing car for the money
By grizzinwi on 02/15/14 21:42 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very pleased the Fiat 500 Sport thus far. Very comfortable for my 6' frame despite its diminutive size along with better ease of ingress/egress than its rivals. Handles well and is surefooted in snow. Fits in parking spots others won't. Feature rich- AM/FM/CD power windows, a/c, heated mirrors, fog lights, cruise, automatic door locks, Bluetooth and alloy wheels are standard. Excellent fit and finish. Current incentives for 2013 models make the 500 a steal. This is one small car that doesn't feel like a penalty box. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

Love the retro Pop!
By linfletch on 01/09/14 18:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 months of ownership, I can tell you great things about my blue green Pop. It's retro styling is so fun--it makes me smile every time I see it. I love the manual transmission; it is fun to drive and very fuel efficient. I average 36.5 mpg combined, and reached 44mpg using premium gas on a highway only trip. I am still evaluating using premium gas in town, but performance is definitely worth it for a highway trip. The seats are comfortable, and I love all the manual climate control. The bluetooth works well from both front seats. The standard audio system is really good and versatile. There is good headroom without a sunroof for taller drivers.

From Pop to this little monster
By hb1578 on 01/04/14 12:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Why I like this car? because I'm a Scorpius, Why I get this car? because I'm a Scorpius, and why I keep this car? because it's a scorpion. Scorpius people always like choose something that others usually don't, many of my friends don't understand why I get a little car like this? but, why would I get a corolla? this little Abarth, it's small, it's easy to park in the city, it's mean, it's fun, it's fast, it growl like a super car(on the happy meal menu), it's full of excitement, it's characteristic. I enjoy driving it everyday without worry about finding parking space(I live in SF, you know what I mean if you've been here). The customer service is excellent in SF and San Jose dealer.

Buyer Beware: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth first year
By furys on 12/12/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It stalls often and is disabled on the road. I called Fiat of Denver Service only to discover Fiat won't look at it for over a week, with no loaner cars. I was told only Fiat dealers will work on them now -- not other nearby Chrysler dealerships. It's not like there are any close to home. We had high hopes for Fiat but are sadly as disappointed. Too much fear, uncertainty and doubt to risk considering the brand again. So sadly we can no longer confidently refer or recommend a dangerous Fiat.

A Very Happy Experience
By mefitzpat on 11/09/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After having had my Fiat 500 for two months, I feel that I know the car well, and can comment on it. This car replaced a turbo diesel car, so needing fast acceleration was not a requirement. The first week of ownership, I put mine and my wife's road bikes on the back and took off on a thousand mile drive to participate in a week long bike ride in Northern Idaho. We had to cross the continental divide, and drive over many types of roads. This car has extremely comfortable seats, and except for the extreme climbs, has enough power. We averaged 35 mpg, for the trip. Since then, it is averaging 35-39 mpg with mostly city driving. We have had no problems, great a/c, and no rattles. Love this CAR

Truly is more fun to the gallon!
By barbinwoods on 09/09/13 16:22 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2010 Prius for my 2013 FIAT Pop four-dr hatchback. Bright Yellow. I loved the Prius but did not care for the Service Dept for Toyota in my area. Happy to not have to return to them. My FIAT has six-gears Automatic transmission. It has a Sport Mode button. I live in a hilly region of AR and appreciate the sports-car feel of my FIAT 500. Attended a FIAT Rally recently with 22 FIAT 500's. Great time on mountainous roads! Staff from Landers in Benton AR made it all the more fun. I highly recommend both the car and the people from Landers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 FIAT 500 in VA is:

$166 per month*