2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
2013 Abarth manual - highest fun/$
By paul_abarth on 03/23/15 09:47 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You have to try it.. you may love or hate it - but it really is a fun car for 'enthusiast' drivers. Great value, provided you don't pay the MSRP (I got mine (with 3 year tire insurance - which I already used once for a repair) for 19K US$ + tax with end of year discounts of 6K.) Was considering other small/light 'fun' cars such as the Mini/Mazda Mx5/BRZ-FRS, but for similar performance/features it would be 10K more, anyway, I just kind of fell in love with it after a test drive. With the 17-inch wheels and P-zero tires this light weight car feels fast and nimble, not always stable on the edge. Provided you keep it in the mid-rev range the torque is strong and turbo lag is not an issue.

2013 Fiat Sport Manual Black on Black w/Leather Seats
By packers14 on 03/22/15 17:27 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this little beauty new on 12/29/13, so we have owned it now for 15 months. The wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". We both fit comfortably whether driving or riding. The wife is the primary driver and loves everything about this car, the look (with the chrome appearance package) the acceleration (with the manual), the ride comfort (with the leather seating), the upright seating position for a great all around view, and the wonderful handling. The Sport model is the Fiat 500 to get. The Sport model offers much better handling than the Pop model, but does not diminish ride comfort, especially when the leather seating upgrade is included. Also, huge difference with "stick" vs "auto".

Italian Tardis
By Michael Gagliano on 03/13/15 19:38 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2013 with 7k miles and an automatic transmission and use it as our "fun" car for my daily work commute. We've got 4 kids and our other car is a minivan so this Fiat is a much needed injection of small car sprightliness and tossable fun. Great commuter car. I am amazed at how much "bigger on the inside" (for the Dr Who fans) it feels compared to how it looks from outside. Perhaps it's the tallness of the cabin but the front 2 seats are plenty big for adults, comfortable and well supported. Plus I just like that it's small. I've owned an SUV and it always felt like I was carrying around a bunch of extra space back there. Not so with this.

Do NOT buy this Car!!!!
By ray2172 on 01/23/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a 2013 Abarth. I will start on a High note and say that it is a Blast to drive, sounds great, and is an amazing small performance car. Now for the bad! I bought mine used with 4100 miles on it for about $10000 less than a brand new one, $27,500 sticker price. This should have been a sign that they don't hold their value at all. I missed having a larger car and wanted to trade it in, they offered $14,000 trade in with 6000 miles on it. Now with 16,700 miles on it I have had a brand new radiator put in it and have an appointment for a speedometer that stopped working today! Do yourself a favor and by a Honda Civic Si,VW GTi or Ford ST! I wish I had taken my own Advise!

Great niche car...think before you buy
By holmgren on 01/16/15 14:21 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Up front I'll say that I love this car and it is great for my needs. But this is absolutely a niche vehicle that is lots of fun as a run-about but gives up a lot in utility/flexibility. There is no way I would have bought this as an only car in the household--something like a GTI would make way more sense or a Focus ST if you wanted more edginess. That said, I felt the Abarth had way more character, was more fun, and was more unique for a hot hatch. It feels a more raw and simple than the competition--which I like. It gets me to work every day, puts a smile on my face when I drive it, gets good gas mileage, and for short trips fits a family of three and groceries for a couple of days.

Fun unless you want something practical
By erinandlil on 11/07/14 20:09 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Full disclosure: I bought this car on a whim. My car enthusiast friend fully endorsed my decision, touting it had the "best stock exhaust ever". It's fun to drive in the city, especially under the raised train tracks in Chicago - you can actually hear the car roar. Unfortunately it's so far from practical it's not even funny. Inevitably the fun runs out in a couple of months and you look up trade-in value to see that this car holds absolutely zero value. And good luck explaining to the car dealerships that your Abarth is in fact different than a standard 500. I really wanted to love this car... it just didn't happen. Oh, and I had SILLY repairs two months in.

In love with my lil Veleno
By juniperjackal on 09/18/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was considering a Mini or an MX5 around the time the Fiat came back to the US. I purchased a Fiat 500 Sport instead. It was not a complete dog like the regular mini cooper and I loved the extra space that the MX5 did not have. I can go to the grocery store in the Fiat! About 9 months ago I purchased an Abarth. Best idea I ever had. I have a 45 minute commute each way in traffic. The car zips in and out of traffic and I have had no mechanical problems. I have driven many of my friends Mini S, which cost a lot more (I paid $19,000 for new Abarth at year end clearance sale). Abarth drives so much better and the sound is spectacular. The sport button turns the car into a monster. :)

Fun little beasty
By rosso14abarth on 06/07/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When Fiat left the US market oh so long ago, I was not happy. By that time I had owned a very used 128 wagon, a new X-1/9 and then a new 131 Brava. Each one a wonderful little car....as long as you loved sporting little Italian designed automobiles. I did, and I do, so I was thrilled when Fiat returned to our market. Then, when they tossed in the Abarth engineering along with a Turbo and strengthened trans, equal length half-shafts etc. I knew I was going to own a Fiat again. Hooray, because I own one now. This Abarth is truly a fun car to drive. Sure, it has quirks, but like Fiats of old, they are endearing to a "Driver".

AWESOME FUN MY LITTLE TIGER
By cynthia25 on 05/28/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Abarth is ultimately more fun than my old mustang or Z a little power house that doesn't shy away from a fight love the engine growl and the kick more room than you think awesome bang for the buck . Fun the most fun than any car I have ever own worth every penny a pleasure to drive.

2014 500 Pop
By domino14 on 05/20/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the 5-speed Fiat 500 for a few weeks now and so far I am happy. My main concern in getting this car was the quality - but getting a warranty with it eased the pain. When driving alone or in a big city: this is the car to have. It has prominent strengths and weaknesses.This car is not meant for offroad, mountain, or utility driving. It dominates normal streets and freeways though with small size, agility, and economy.