Used 2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

I love my FIat!
By SNewman

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my little yellow Fiat since October 2013 and have 37,000 miles on her, having driven across country twice. Everyone is amazed at the amount of stuff the little car can carry! The only problem I have had, head lights sprung a leak and CDs get stuck in the player. I have wanted one since seeing one in Italy 15 years ago. When my Toyota 4 Runner with 200,000 miles decided to die, I bought my Fiat. A very happy Fiat owner.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By cathi30

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

By FAR the worst car I have ever owned. From the day I drove it off the lot it had nothing but problems. Steering column replaced twice because of thump when i turned the car, struts and strut mounts replaced, starter replaced 3 times, both regulators broke on power windows, same headlight burned out at LEAST a dozen times, wheel bearings replaced twice, jounce bumpers replaced twice and never resolved the issue,broken shock, exhaust kept loosening up,never resolved. The final straw was after only having 11k miles on it the tires needed replacing because of all of the issues ruined them and Fiat did nothing to remedy. Traded the car after 20 months w/11k miles and only got $7500. DO NOT BUY

none, the car was a joke

everything about this car needs improvement. I traded it after 20 months because I was tired of it being in the shop with 11k miles for a Honda Civic. I HATED this car

Love my 2013 Fiat
By ddmarre

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When i purchased my Fiat new in 2013 i did not know much about this car but saw it online went to get it...i have the guacamole green and i am so happy with its performance. I have had a Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Mitsubishi, and Saturn...but this is the BEST car i have ever purchased. The turbo button for highway driving is awesome. My Fiat is so quick, i always have cars or trucks! Race me...i win at take off! I only have 14k on my car and i have gone to Vegas and Sedona twice...great on gas!

Leather seats, bluetooth,tomtom, and gas mileage

Wish i had a screen for my tomtom

2013 Abarth manual - highest fun/$
By paul_abarth

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You have to try it.. you may love or hate it - but it really is a fun car for 'enthusiast' drivers. Great value, provided you don't pay the MSRP (I got mine (with 3 year tire insurance - which I already used once for a repair) for 19K US$ + tax with end of year discounts of 6K.) Was considering other small/light 'fun' cars such as the Mini/Mazda Mx5/BRZ-FRS, but for similar performance/features it would be 10K more, anyway, I just kind of fell in love with it after a test drive. With the 17-inch wheels and P-zero tires this light weight car feels fast and nimble, not always stable on the edge. Provided you keep it in the mid-rev range the torque is strong and turbo lag is not an issue.

I love the responsiveness and handling, and of course the exhaust sound is fantastic, and surprises many people. I get a lot of questions of the sort - what is that? Did you modify it?.. It is stock - although I added a short-shifter and 'go-pedal' - search online there are a ton of mods you can make for even more performance. No - this is not a super-car, and yes you will get out-run by a Honda V6, but driving this car puts a huge smile on your face and has a special feeling. Reliability seems fine - have done 8K of pretty hard commute driving on it and no issues. An Abarth track day experience was included in the purchase - just brilliant (although I wish we'd had more track time).

The interior plastics are pretty cheap and easy to scratch. The ride can be a bit stiff and bouncy (low profile tires probably not helping), however I think the rear suspension could be improved. Sometimes on the freeway I would like to have a 6th gear and for sure reverse lockout would be safer.. as reverse comes after 5 in the 2013 model at least. Pedals (too close), steering and seating position (high) are not great - I wish it had a telescoping wheel. I'm hoping fiat bring out a coupe based on this platform with no rear seats, move the engine and seats backwards to improve the car's balance and create better leg room/pedal layout not impeded by the front wheel arches, make it RWD.

2013 Fiat Sport Manual Black on Black w/Leather Seats
By packers14

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this little beauty new on 12/29/13, so we have owned it now for 15 months. The wife is 5'2" and I am 5'11". We both fit comfortably whether driving or riding. The wife is the primary driver and loves everything about this car, the look (with the chrome appearance package) the acceleration (with the manual), the ride comfort (with the leather seating), the upright seating position for a great all around view, and the wonderful handling. The Sport model is the Fiat 500 to get. The Sport model offers much better handling than the Pop model, but does not diminish ride comfort, especially when the leather seating upgrade is included. Also, huge difference with "stick" vs "auto".

After driving the Pop, the Sport, and then a Sport model with a leather seating upgrade option, we decided that we wanted three things for sure if we were going to purchase the Fiat 500, the Sport model, the manual transmission, and the leather seating option. The wife was also interested in the sun roof, but I was leaning more toward the Beats audio system upgrade option. Besides, the sun roof lowered the interior ceiling height, so we went with the Beats. We found the exact combo of items we wanted, at a dealer in WV (Charleston), and at a great deal ($19k out the door with 0% int. for 60 months). We have had the car for over a year and the wife loves her little Fiat more each day.

Reachability of seat belts when first trying to grab them after getting in car.