2013 FIAT 500 Consumer Reviews

2013 FIAT 500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
Do NOT buy this Car!!!!
By ray2172 on 01/23/15 16:08 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have a 2013 Abarth. I will start on a High note and say that it is a Blast to drive, sounds great, and is an amazing small performance car. Now for the bad! I bought mine used with 4100 miles on it for about $10000 less than a brand new one, $27,500 sticker price. This should have been a sign that they don't hold their value at all. I missed having a larger car and wanted to trade it in, they offered $14,000 trade in with 6000 miles on it. Now with 16,700 miles on it I have had a brand new radiator put in it and have an appointment for a speedometer that stopped working today! Do yourself a favor and by a Honda Civic Si,VW GTi or Ford ST! I wish I had taken my own Advise!

Great niche car...think before you buy
By holmgren on 01/16/15 14:21 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Up front I'll say that I love this car and it is great for my needs. But this is absolutely a niche vehicle that is lots of fun as a run-about but gives up a lot in utility/flexibility. There is no way I would have bought this as an only car in the household--something like a GTI would make way more sense or a Focus ST if you wanted more edginess. That said, I felt the Abarth had way more character, was more fun, and was more unique for a hot hatch. It feels a more raw and simple than the competition--which I like. It gets me to work every day, puts a smile on my face when I drive it, gets good gas mileage, and for short trips fits a family of three and groceries for a couple of days.

Fun unless you want something practical
By erinandlil on 11/07/14 20:09 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Full disclosure: I bought this car on a whim. My car enthusiast friend fully endorsed my decision, touting it had the "best stock exhaust ever". It's fun to drive in the city, especially under the raised train tracks in Chicago - you can actually hear the car roar. Unfortunately it's so far from practical it's not even funny. Inevitably the fun runs out in a couple of months and you look up trade-in value to see that this car holds absolutely zero value. And good luck explaining to the car dealerships that your Abarth is in fact different than a standard 500. I really wanted to love this car... it just didn't happen. Oh, and I had SILLY repairs two months in.

In love with my lil Veleno
By juniperjackal on 09/18/14 11:58 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was considering a Mini or an MX5 around the time the Fiat came back to the US. I purchased a Fiat 500 Sport instead. It was not a complete dog like the regular mini cooper and I loved the extra space that the MX5 did not have. I can go to the grocery store in the Fiat! About 9 months ago I purchased an Abarth. Best idea I ever had. I have a 45 minute commute each way in traffic. The car zips in and out of traffic and I have had no mechanical problems. I have driven many of my friends Mini S, which cost a lot more (I paid $19,000 for new Abarth at year end clearance sale). Abarth drives so much better and the sound is spectacular. The sport button turns the car into a monster. :)

Fun little beasty
By rosso14abarth on 06/07/14 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

When Fiat left the US market oh so long ago, I was not happy. By that time I had owned a very used 128 wagon, a new X-1/9 and then a new 131 Brava. Each one a wonderful little car....as long as you loved sporting little Italian designed automobiles. I did, and I do, so I was thrilled when Fiat returned to our market. Then, when they tossed in the Abarth engineering along with a Turbo and strengthened trans, equal length half-shafts etc. I knew I was going to own a Fiat again. Hooray, because I own one now. This Abarth is truly a fun car to drive. Sure, it has quirks, but like Fiats of old, they are endearing to a "Driver".

AWESOME FUN MY LITTLE TIGER
By cynthia25 on 05/28/14 07:25 AM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Abarth is ultimately more fun than my old mustang or Z a little power house that doesn't shy away from a fight love the engine growl and the kick more room than you think awesome bang for the buck . Fun the most fun than any car I have ever own worth every penny a pleasure to drive.

2014 500 Pop
By domino14 on 05/20/14 12:29 PM (PDT)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the 5-speed Fiat 500 for a few weeks now and so far I am happy. My main concern in getting this car was the quality - but getting a warranty with it eased the pain. When driving alone or in a big city: this is the car to have. It has prominent strengths and weaknesses.This car is not meant for offroad, mountain, or utility driving. It dominates normal streets and freeways though with small size, agility, and economy.

Amazing car for the money
By grizzinwi on 02/15/14 21:42 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm very pleased the Fiat 500 Sport thus far. Very comfortable for my 6' frame despite its diminutive size along with better ease of ingress/egress than its rivals. Handles well and is surefooted in snow. Fits in parking spots others won't. Feature rich- AM/FM/CD power windows, a/c, heated mirrors, fog lights, cruise, automatic door locks, Bluetooth and alloy wheels are standard. Excellent fit and finish. Current incentives for 2013 models make the 500 a steal. This is one small car that doesn't feel like a penalty box. It brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

Love the retro Pop!
By linfletch on 01/09/14 18:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 2 months of ownership, I can tell you great things about my blue green Pop. It's retro styling is so fun--it makes me smile every time I see it. I love the manual transmission; it is fun to drive and very fuel efficient. I average 36.5 mpg combined, and reached 44mpg using premium gas on a highway only trip. I am still evaluating using premium gas in town, but performance is definitely worth it for a highway trip. The seats are comfortable, and I love all the manual climate control. The bluetooth works well from both front seats. The standard audio system is really good and versatile. There is good headroom without a sunroof for taller drivers.

From Pop to this little monster
By hb1578 on 01/04/14 12:13 PM (PST)

2013 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Why I like this car? because I'm a Scorpius, Why I get this car? because I'm a Scorpius, and why I keep this car? because it's a scorpion. Scorpius people always like choose something that others usually don't, many of my friends don't understand why I get a little car like this? but, why would I get a corolla? this little Abarth, it's small, it's easy to park in the city, it's mean, it's fun, it's fast, it growl like a super car(on the happy meal menu), it's full of excitement, it's characteristic. I enjoy driving it everyday without worry about finding parking space(I live in SF, you know what I mean if you've been here). The customer service is excellent in SF and San Jose dealer.