Zippity Doo Dah!
By drmac_uk_us on
2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
OK, I had a Honda S2000: twitchy, fun, a tad evil. BUT the SO did not fit, the ride was rougher than roller skates on cobblestones, and a boring commute didn't warrant keeping it. (sigh.) - The 500-Sport (manual, natch) is zippy, fun, and a real kick to drive. It's comfortable, and Mr. 6'2" CAN fit into the pax seat. (0-60 in lots of seconds is OK in FUN seconds) There's a lot of down-shifting (even at highway speeds), it tends to jack-rabbit from stop, and I've not pushed the traction in rain. But it gets me to work with a smile. - Free for 36K miles, the free road-service is better than AAA premium. Nice sunroof, and the Bose rocks.
Favorite Features
Solid, tight construction, comfortable seats, . Fun to drive, easy shift, and "sport" button is really, REALLY necessary. Good post-marketing programme. Intuitive instrumentation, good sound system, lots of electronic features, More airbags than the entire US Congress.
Suggested Improvements
ABARTH but with decent suspension. Lots of down shifting. Clutch release from stop is tricky.. kills gas mileage.
By toofast11
on 08/10/11 18:35 PM (PDT)

i dont think anyone would surrender an s2000 for a fiat that has no hp no rear irs and not a sports car

By s2k_nutjob
on 08/19/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

I also find it hard to understand how anybody could get rid of an S2000 - they will bury me in mine! But when the 500 Abarth gets here I will get one (and keep "Sprit of Soichiro" as well).