Wow in a small package.
By sherimed on
2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Sport in January 2012. I didn't expect to buy one but, was absolutely hooked after a test drive. I had A Mini Clubman that was being fixed after an accident. When I got the news that the Mini was being totaled there was no hesitation. I was hooked. I had my seats upgraded to red leather (with black tops) and had a black stripe put on the on side doors. It looks adorable and hot!! Still waiting for the black and white checkered graffic for the roof. This isn't Fiat's fault 3M is having production troubles. I love being able to make it my own. There are lots of things you can add for this car off the net. I got a fabulous shift knob etc.
Favorite Features
This car is fun to drive and my standards are high. I don't miss my Mini much because this car was so much cheaper to buy and will be much much cheaper to maintain. I love the stick and would recommend it in this car. You do not feel like you are in a small car until you look behind you. I love how high the seats are positioned. You sit higher than in most small cars ( I didn't like to feel like I'm sitting on the ground). I am 5' 10 and yes, used to a small car but, this car is a winner. Plenty of power, I zoom around if I want and no trouble merging either. I highly suggest a test drive to feel it out. The trunk is fine the seats go down for suit cases. Get the trunk mat I luv it.
Suggested Improvements
I'm happy with mine. Would upgrade the shift knob. I felt it necessary. I might upgrade the brake handle too. I have to say for the price this car was a real value. Yes, you can get it stripped down for real cheap but, there is alot you can do to make it look really good. Lots of after market options too. The dealer was excellent to work with and yes I will miss the Mini super duper waiting room and service but, my wallet won't at all. This car meets my fun hunger and if you want to go faster the Abarth is here in May. You don't need all that power though, this car is geared perfectly for fun and gets all the power you really need from the little engine.