Prima Edizione
By genora on
2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
[non-permissible content removed] My Prima was reserved on line and I took delivery March of 2011. I'm a huge fan of the older 500's, particularly, the Abarths. After driving it for a year, I found NO problems. I missed buying a spyder back in the day and waited patiently for Fiat to return to the US after nearly 30 years. I traded in my Chrysler 300C and am now free from cringing at the gas pumps. People need to do their own research about the cars and be satisfied with their own personal results. I get a lot of inquiries from people and mostly "cute" as remarks.
Favorite Features
[non-permissible content removed]
Suggested Improvements
No spare tire. I know many other manufaturers are doing the same to keep weight and cost minimal but you'll have to have AAA or a flat tire kit to feel good about running about w/out a spare. The onboard clock needs to be adjusted more frequently than desired. I only trust my wristwatch anyway...
By genora
on 03/17/12 19:11 PM (PDT)

This is my review. All of the: [non-permissible content removed] You see were official websites like the "National Highway Traffic Safety Administration" which I don't understand why it was excluded from my 'opinion' review. I prefer, (and I wasn't contacted by the editors of Edmunds), to just have this totally removed. These are key features and should not have been excluded.

By sherimed
on 03/20/12 20:41 PM (PDT)

I would avoid the sunroof but, headroom is fine for me in mine w/o sunroof.

By carobserver2
on 03/19/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

Test Drove It: Cramped front headroom with sunroof; lackluster acceleration; disappointing fuel economy with automatic; convertible's poor top-down visibility; wait-and-see reliability, also you hit 1 pot whole and your head will go through the roof. not worth sorry folks

By carobserver2
on 03/19/12 08:13 AM (PDT)

CORRECTION FIAT REVIEW: Test Drove It: Cramped front headroom with sunroof; lackluster acceleration; disappointing fuel economy with automatic; convertible's poor top-down visibility; wait-and-see reliability, also you hit 1 pot whole and your head will go through the roof. not worth it to me....sorry folks

By sruczko
on 05/13/12 15:21 PM (PDT)

I'm 6'5" and headroom is abundant WITHOUT THE SUNROOF. Skip it and save some $$. Get the manual transmission and learn how to drive a smooth revving small displacement engine. Plenty of pickup when you rev the engine to 4K between shifts and I get almost 40 mpg using Shell V-Power premium fuel and 70/30 town/highway driving. I'd buy mine all over again without hesitation.