Prima Edizione
By limee on
2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
I had wanted this car for years, so finally Fiat arrives back in the US. I was too late in the signing up process to get the first 500 models but managed to purchase one from a local dealer at MSRP which was good seeing as sellers are generally asking 2-3 thousand over MSRP. Now have it in my possession and it reminds me of all the other Fiats and Alfa's I have owned over the years, in that it definitely has character. The styling is fantastic and very eye catching. Its a fun car to drive and a car that involves the driver more than other cars in the same class that I had test driven. Has a few niggles (Hey its Italian!) but they are niggles I can live with, because it has my soul!
Favorite Features
Gear position and change quality. Clutch is smooth, light and easy to modulate. Nice that it has the sport button which does make a noticeable difference in the way the car handles and steers. Did I mention style? Dead easy to park. Good gas mileage, people staring and asking questions. Superb Bose sound system. Nicely illuminated at nights with good light spread and side lights on either end. Quick flick turn signal for passing (Very European) Red brake calipers. Beautifully styled wheels.
Suggested Improvements
More direct steering feel (Is better in sport mode) But could still be more direct. Bring on the Abarth! Sun roof soild cover instead of the shade cover as it gets very hot. I'm 5 foot 11 and with the seat in the lowest position I have about 1 inch between my head and the sunroof trim and have banged my head on it more than once.
By priusenvy1
on 03/07/12 22:15 PM (PST)

Niggles?? Ha ha... I think I know why you have so many thumbs down!! I'm really wanting the Manual Sport, can't make up my mind on convertible. Anybody know if the Abarth will have a much harsher ride. I was looking forward to maybe getting a mini S, but the ride quality just beat me up. Ciao baby!