2012 FIAT 500 Consumer Review: Open Body Seams During Manufac

2012 FIAT 500 - Consumer Review

Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Open Body Seams During Manufacture
By jchasp59 on

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new, 2012 Fiat 500 Pop on 12/22/2011. Three days after purchase, I noticed an interior water leak and returned the car to the dealer. The dealer found that the cause of the leaks were, "body seams that were left open, unwelded and unpainted during manufacture." Got the car back after 23 days in the shop. That day, I noticed electrical problems and that the leak wasn't repaired. Returned it to the shop More open body seams were found around the windshield. I requested a replacement. Fiat agreed. The dealership acquired my replacement on 02/10/2012, but has yet to get it to me (03/01). My Fiat Case Manager is Kathy Nelson, but I have no way to contact her. I regret my purchase.

Ride, handling, Blue & Me, Style

Better Customer Service. Ability to communicate with Fiat when you have a problem. Proper assembly of the car. Fiat Customer Service has been of no help, and tell me that there is nothing that they can do. I'm stuck.