loved my FIAt...for first 5 months...hated Chrysler/Bob Baker Carlsbad :(
By chiariello on
2012 FIAT 500 C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
bought brand new car, only 3K miles, sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't...not a good feature in a car! at first dealer suggested I was doing something wrong, but after having it towed 3 X, they finally realized I wasn't making this up. It was there for 2 months, I asked them finally for replacement (lemon law, which my car, which was sadly the case) so they dragged their feet for another month, plus charged me for mileage on the poor car they sold me. It was extortion, but after 3 months I paid it just to get a car....I don't think the service dept was at fault, they simply couldn't figure out what's wrong, but the dealer didn't help us at all, and Chrysler was even worse.
Favorite Features
love the car, hated the treatment we got after we had problems! so many people used to ask me about my car, I used to say I love it...now I tell them what happened at Bob Baker....they charged us almost $1000, after telling us they would replace the vehicle, since it was defective...don't buy anything there unless u want to get ripped off
Suggested Improvements
Shop somewhere else. I wish we had! After 3 months of problems, the service dept told us they would replace our vehicle, I was told we could have money back or replacement...to me replacement means that, not so for Bob Baker. The lady at impartial service dept ( she said she worked for Chrysler, so she really wasn't impartial) said we had $20,700 credit, so we chose a vehicle that was identical to the one we bought for $19.500. U would think we would get $1200 back, but instead the dealer worked it out so we pd $924. They made $ off our lemon!