The Manny Pacquiao of the car world
By shabba2 on
2012 FIAT 500 Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Easily the best decision I've ever made on an impulse. While looking at the Sport model, this Abarth was left behind by the original buyer. I snapped it up as I overheard him declining to buy it after ordering it. Let's see, this car goes like stink, gets phenomenal gas mileage (I'm averaging 38 on the highway at 75 mph), looks like nothing else, is built well, is very uncommon, is surprisingly comfortable on any sort of trip, has standard options that most cars would not in this price range, has an exhaust that makes a Ferrari jealous, and it's priced perfectly. Abarth is like the Carroll Shelby of the 500 world. They took something that was nearly perfect and made it perfect.
Favorite Features
Engine. Bluetooth is standard. The leather is very, very nice. Plenty of room for groceries without putting the rear seat down. Front seat has plenty of room for 6 footers. A rear seat that will actually work as a seat for an adult. Fuel mileage. Looks that are stunning. The exhaust is to die for. Oh my the exhaust...
Suggested Improvements
The center console is a knee banger. Paint is a little thin on the hood.
By benfoto
on 10/03/12 22:28 PM (PDT)

Do you have to use premium gas?

By shabba2
on 10/11/12 10:34 AM (PDT)

Yes, you can use 87, but on the Abarth, premium (91 or higher) is recommended as it is a turbocharged car. The cost over the life of the car is negligible. On the standard 500, 87 is fine.

By websmack
on 10/05/12 02:42 AM (PDT)

benfoto, premium is not required, owner manual states 87 is acceptable. I don't think I would have bought the 500 if premium was required either.

By websmack
on 10/13/12 02:43 AM (PDT)

shabba2, true and I've switched my Sport to 91 too. Congrats on your awesome Abarth :)