2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews 2

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
! un happy Camper
By lemonbuyer2 on 08/03/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this turbo sport 4 days ago and it's been in the shop twice already for repair, brand new car with 100 miles already has problems. I wished I had never seen the thing . I don't reccomend this car to anyone, ever. I will probably end up using the lemon law on this one , what a shame.

Love-hate relationship
By molly40 on 07/13/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 500 sport with 3,000 miles on it - dealer sales staff drove the car. While it looked cool and was extremely fun to drive, I quickly learned to loathe the car. Two steering arms and one master control module later (car had less than 20,000 miles on it), I looked for any way to unload this car without taking a huge loss. In addition to these issues, the backseat began to come apart at 12,000 miles (and rarely did I have anyone sit in the back). The engine block heater worked wonderfully but it began to malfunction and send error codes to the main computer. I was calling the dealer (90 miles away) for service every few weeks. Finally, at 24,500 miles, I called it quits.

500 lounge, with every option
By phatgreatwall on 07/12/13 08:06 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

car is fun to drive, gets really good mileage, steering tie rod end was loose after 30,000km, replaced under warranty. buy this car only for the fun and new factor, definitely a chick's car, but i see too many old italian guys driving it......

Fiat 500-The City Dweller
By heiliner1 on 04/24/13 17:37 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our household has two 2012 Fiat 500 Pops, 20 serial numbers apart. Both vehicles have around 2000 miles on them. On one vehicle the oxygen sensor has failed. On the other vehicle the glove box is out of alignment. We bought these Fiats because they are cute, easy to get in and out of, easy to park, and had low initial purchase prices. Considering the standard features there wasn't another car in that size range that offered as much.

Great Piccolo!!!
By elcano1 on 03/15/13 06:36 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a little more than a year that I get my 500 Sport, after 15,000 miles my wife and I are so happy with it, is like a go-kart, is too much fun, easy to park "zero" problems and great service from our dealer. I'm looking for the Abarth in the next future. Esta de rompe"m". Existen vehiculos mas rapidos pero no tan divertidos para manejar.

Fiat driver for life
By juniperarnold on 01/16/13 10:25 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500 sport in May of last year. It came right off of the showroom floor. They placed my requested aftermarket rims on the car and it came with the Italian stripes down the side. Leather seats and a white and black dash. The design and colors are stunning together. The manual makes the car very quick and fun to drive. I would never buy an automatic Fiat. I drive my car through downtown Atlanta then on the interstate during my 30 mile one way commute. Never had a problem and the ride is very comfy. If you take care of your car and love it, it will do the same for you. This car is absolutely perfect.

NO BUENO!!
By penelope_ptstp on 01/09/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car had to have engine replaced at 10K miles and had transmission problems at 16K miles.

CUTE! I LOVE IT!
By skuzziboi1 on 12/02/12 21:57 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

So I was pretty stoked when I bought this car, its way cute and fun to drive! The only issue I have with it are the very cheap interior fixtures. A common breaking item is the armrest, yeah, dealer said its a common issue and is covered under warranty, havent taken it in just yet so well see for sure later. Also, the under seat drawer handel broke on me :-/ I was very dissappointed to find that the Pop Models do not come equipped with Blue&Me, even though edmunds states that its a standard feature. Also if you squeen the upper lining of the cabin, it feels literally like its made of egg cartons and cheap felt :-( needless to say, super CUTE car at a great price, sucky cheap interior.

Another Happy Camper
By lovinmyfiatt on 10/08/12 18:28 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I also bought my Fiatt on a whim which is very unusual for me. I had done a lot of internet research and was ready for a change. One drive of the Fiatt 500 and I was sold. I loved the variety of colors, the nimble handling, the pick up and the dealership was decent. One thing that was very important was to buy fun with comfort and this car delivers. It's small, but you are not sitting on the ground. I am 5 ft. 6 and it's just an even turn and sit to be in the drivers' seat. My driving is about 70/30 highway/city and I am getting about 35 to the gallon. Then final deciding factor will be how it handles the roads in the winter, otherwise I am 100% happy.

Looks and fuel economy...without the gimmicks
By moparornocarr on 09/18/12 17:23 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never pictured myself as a Fiat guy. We got it as a rental when we were on vacation, and after that my mind was made up. It's sporty looking on the outside and the inside (Sport model), it has a great sound system, and it has been extremely reliable. Of course it also gets excellent fuel economy without gimmicky buttons or hybrid technology, which I'm not sold on. I average around 40 mpg hwy on my daily commute to work, which is well above the 34 EPA on my automatic. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a car that's fun to drive, turns heads, rides smooth and gets great fuel economy, look no further.