Used 2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Not good
By cacplanor

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Sport purchased new now with 34K. Same problems many others are facing. Starting stumble, clunks heard and felt through steering system, suspension bumpers, eating tires once a year! Its nice to look at and fun to drive but that's about it. Run away if you appreciate what a "good" car is. Chrystler doesn't care if your car is broken, they'll tell you it's all "normal". You know, that "normal" clunk in the steering. The same clunk which would have stopped you/me from buying the car if a new one made it! Mine had that "norma"l clunk after only 6K miles. Thanks for that screw Chrysler, I won't soon forget it! Your cars suck and Uncle Sam should've let fail like you deserved.

Baja Life
By bajatexan

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500C (automatic) new in Aug 2012. To date, I have put almost 60,000 miles on it. I would drive 90 miles each way to work from Baja to San Diego on a daily basis. The exterior has held up extremely well and I have had no mechanical issues! The interior looks inexpensive but has held up well. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat!

Fun to drive!

They could improve the quality of the interior

Disenchanted
By rooster007

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Lounge 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2012 Lounge that I bought brand new and I am the only driver. I put 1000 km a week on my Fiat. Average 80km/hour. I have just over 141,000 km on the car and have been told by the dealer that the CV shaft (right and/or left) are toast and that maybe the transmission will also need replacing. I have a front end wobble at 65km/hour that goes away after 75km/hour. Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking at almost 6k to fix!!! This is ridiculous! I put over 480k on my toyota rav4, front wheel drive, 2 door coupe. This fiat should get at least 250k before I have problems like this.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE!
By bjv1440

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

First I have to say that my vehicle is an automatic; NOT a 5 speed manual. I'm not sure why there is no option for this model on the drop down. My wife drove a rental one to AZ and feel in Love with it! I surprised her with a gift of this one and she has put about 30,000 miles on it in the last year. She averages 42 mpg combined! On a recent trip I drove and we encountered some terrible weather outside of Wendover, NV. The POP drove right through the Heavy Wind and was NOT blown around when passing semis! This vehicle has TONS of room inside for being so small on the outside. Five people can fit comfortably for a trip! Way to go FiatChrysler!

Can't think of Anything that isn't done well!

Nothing I can think of!

So far so good.
By trojas001

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My fiat 500 sport used with 30.000 miles on it. It now has 65,000 mile. After readying some negative reviews. All I can say that'ís truly unfortunate . So far my car has been running strong I drive my fiat daily commuting to work 60 miles every day. I take my car to my mechanic for its regular oil changes he also lubes and looks over everything and every time I go to pick up my car he lets me know that everything looks good. Nothing to be concerned about. For those who take their car to the dealership and have had bad experience you'íre better off going to your own mechanic you trust. I have the best mechanic . There are some things that disappoint me about my fiat, as you all kno

I like the way the car handles around curves.

better interior