Used 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Terrible
By Dave M

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

IMHO, this is the worst and most dangerous car on US highways. We were given one as an Enterprise rental, so beware. On the Interstates, it feels like the Fiat 500 could be run over by any compact American car. The ride was rough and noisy. I've been told that some people love them......but I think it's a standard answer for those who already have them. I was teased by acquaintances who suggested I put the Fiat in the back of their car. My wife, me and two suitcases were hard to squeeze into it! Terrible car....and without a doubt the worst car I've ever rented. Complaints to Enterprise went nowhere....only questions. My objective would be to keep the Fiat off American roads.

Dangerous
By Maria

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has left me standed in the middle of intersections and is super dangerous. Fiat finally agreed to pay me but for the past 4 months has not returned my calls. I also noticed that all negative posts have vanished.

Why me!!!
By nalder620

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

700 characters...not enough. Since day one, this car has been the most unreliable piece of poop I have ever owned. Fiat Canada has washed their hands of me, but i have decided to make all know, DO NOT BUY A FIAT!!!
New transmission, new suspension, new clutch bearings, new PCM computer, rattling all over, paint peeling, lights burning out all over the place, 35 trips to the dealer and problems that they can not even fix after 8 tries!!! My car sounds like it want to start, but does not catch, have to do everything from the beginning and will start on the second shot! Thank goodness I bought a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty!!! I feel bad for those that only had a 3 year warranty :(.

I love the look and the fuel economy, when the car drives at 100km/h, but over that, very normal and nothing special at all. At 120km/h, good luck getting 500km to the tank. Stereo is alright, but cannot be upgraded very easily. Leather is nice, but is showing major wear after only three years. Paint is very thin coats, maybe two or three max. I think they used water colours that wash off in the rain! Head rests ned to be replaced with rocks!!! Service has been great at the dealer, but repairing the car requires a dart board to figure out how to do so!!! Links repaired 4 times so far! rattling twice, every repair more than once or twice or five times!!!

Take better care of customers when they buy the biggest lemon on North America!!! Purchase car from customer and replace with a new one. I will be blogging about negative aspects again soon and I will create a website devoted to angry Fiat owners, we will stand up and fight for the right to be taken seriously when we buy a lemon Chrysler product.

Great value but some issues
By Kristina Colpitts

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the retro look and feel, the interior is gorgeous but there are a few issues with my 3 yr old 50,000KM 500C.

I bought it 3 years old and a few days ago I've started to hear some creaking noises on the passenger side and back, sounds almost like the plastic on the doors is not put together tightly... I can't figure out what it is exactly but it's SUPER annoying.

38K Trouble free miles and smiles - mostly
By markus1963

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our new 2012 500C (5MT) from Fullerton Fiat, NJ and could not be happier. The car has performed nearly flawlessly over the past four years. After trading in our Mini Cooper S, we purchased a white body with red top combination Pop. At 30K miles, we changed the stock Firestone tires with Pirelli (All Season) and Nokian R2 (Winter tires). The combination of the narrow wheel size and Nokian R2 traction, made the little Fiat very effective in winter driving. On the down-side, replacing tires after 30K miles, seems a bit premature. We also experienced a sudden loss of power during acceleration. (This is a known issue and once we pulled over and restarted the car, acceleration returned to normal. We've traveled 8K trouble free miles since this incident.) On two occasions, the trunk locked and we could not open it from the outside. This was an electronic issue and the dealer corrected it by re-setting the code. Even with these issues, the 500C is a pleasure to own and drive.