2012 FIAT 500 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
I've fallen!
By rcaplan on 09/20/11 13:27 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have fallen in love with the Fiat 500! I went from a VW New Beetle to my Fiat and I couldn't be happier! I was going to get a Mini but could never pull the trigger. The moment I sat down in the Fiat it had me. The drive is wonderful, the features are amazing and all at an extremely great price! I only wish the seats sat a little lower but that could be due to being used to driving a Bug for the past 5 years. Do yourself a favor and if you are at all contemplating a Fiat, get one!!!

Exceeds expectations and is fun.
By igofishingalot on 08/28/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel mileage is much better than the 38mpg highway posted on the sticker. An average of 41mpg was observed during a nice 40 mile long curvy and hilly back road drive mostly at 45mph in 4th gear with the top open. The car is a joy to travel in. It has plenty of room and comfort for 4. At 65mph with the top full open and windows closed, it is quiet enough to have normal conversations between all 4 occupants. Very quiet ride with top open or closed. Top can be operated with push button control while driving under 50mph. Car is fun enough to make our mid teen age kids still want to go with us. Back seats are roomy and comfortable for picky an long legged kids 5'8" tall.

This thing shifts terribly!
By patsys on 08/05/11 14:29 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Brand new fully loaded lounge cabrio.. This thing is the worst around town. I have an automatic - because that's your only option. When it shifts from 1st to 2nd you get a whiplash-like jerk. The gas pedal is awful too. Its always too little gas or too much. Something is wrong with the design of this car. Seriously. Oh yeah.. you cannot pull out across traffic.. there is a two second delay between slamming the gas down and the car actually moving. Its not a lemon.. it just stinks!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible in VA is:

$118 per month*